Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tires, Brakes, and stuff
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tires, Brakes, and stuff
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/17
Picture of Janet Rocco
posted
So bought my 1966 24ft Barth and I do love it. The guy I got it from put the wrong sized tires on it, so who knows what tires belong on it and I assume they can be replaced? Repair guy said I might have to replace axels too? just to replace tires?? Help?

Posts: 43 | Location: Tampa, FL | Member Since: 12-27-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You've also listed it as a '64 22' trailer. In any event, the tires could be the only thing needing replacement. Most trailers in that size have 14" or 15" rims.

But first, check the DOT date stamp, the load rating, and the size. If less than 7 years old and with the correct load rating, they could be just fine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/17
Picture of Janet Rocco
posted Hide Post
Yes I thought it was a 1964 and that's how it was advertised but when I got it and looked up the VIN number I learned it was a 66. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 43 | Location: Tampa, FL | Member Since: 12-27-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Awesome, that thing looks great! Good luck with your projects. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post