Barthmobile Portal
Window Vent Seal, Window Glazing, Window Seal

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/8553976397

01-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Dana
Window Vent Seal, Window Glazing, Window Seal
Resurected this from a post I just happened to look at, Posted what I'm finding and asking if anyone has had experience.

quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
[QUOTE]2.Where can I get new outside rubber around windows? It seems too have shrunk.
Try this: pull rubber surrounds all the way off the window. Soak the OUTSIDE of the rubber liberally with Armorall (the inside must remain ArmorAll free so adhesive will stick) and tug to "lengthen" them. Use 3M spray adhesive in window well after cleaning gunk out and press rubber back into place.
Voila!! PS: don't worry if it is still a little short - make the bottom the correct length by starting there.
Good luck.

Update on above. Gunner sold his coach to Morris and Morris sold to me. I noticed I was missing completely a couple of these and am in the process of finding replacement. I have found it but it is 5.82 a FOOT. 2 of them just fell out sitting at home so I will be doing some experimentintg. Has anyone tried rejuvinating with Methyl Salicylate and Alcohol? (not cheap to do enough for the seals)

Not saying anything was done wrong just saying it had an expiration of adhesion. 13 years of weather since he reglued on top of the 8 years before that. I may be money ahead just relacing (ouch) I have this around every window on Midnight.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth
01-10-2020, 12:49 PM
Dana
The sun is shining so I went out at 14 degrees and looked again. The others just fell out when I touched them. I measured up and I need 43 feet.

With 3 of 7 missing completely this seems to have turned into a no brainer.

New

No experimenting and buying stuff to try and rejuvenate.
Shouldn't have to use adhesive. They are made to seal themselves in (correct?).

Should be a quick project not taking up more of my time. Hardest thing will be cleaning off that old adhesive.

I believe all were probably there when I got from Morris. I believe they just fell out. The 2 left literally fell out when I touched them

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth