Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Seems slow so!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Seems slow so!!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
Ok so this is not a Barth problem, however I am at wits end!!

Grandson has a 1999 Silverado with a 5.3l engine, the thing runs like a bear, smooth idle and great acceleration, spin the tires off when it is in warm up mode. After reaching running temperature it will not exceed 2500 RPM or so, misses and bogs down under moderate or hard acceleration. Idles fine and runs fine under the 2500 RPM level and gentle acceleration.

I have changed the the fuel filter, fuel pump and fuel regulator, all seem to meet specifications and function. If it is pushed and allowed to miss, the computer throws code P0336 positive crankcase position sensor malfunction. I think it does that because it is misfiring.

Anyone want to jump in with a suggestion, sure need the help.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Should have said MAFS was cleaned also, sorry Doorman!

Ordered a new crankcase position sensor, not sure that will help

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the sensor could be the problem. It senses the teeth on the crankshaft disk. Be sure it is mounted properly and the the teeth are not full of crud. Should be better then.

Good luck Shields Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
SO if you have never removed a starter from a 1999 Silverado, I suggest to borrow a phrase from the country western folks "set it on fire, roll it down the hill and trade it for a Coupe Deville" before you attempt the job!!

To get to the crankshaft position sensor, it must be at least partially removed, look at every U-tube video before you attempt it seems no single one provides enough information to do the job IMHO.

However the CSPS was the problem and I have a big Ass smile on my face!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hoping I won’t need that on my 04 Silverado.
Not to complain but aren’t you wasting good Barth time on this SOB?
Heading to Florida on Saturday. Days are short and cold. Time to go.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, ole Nose is stored for the winter. The only problem now seems to be the roof, need to strip and reseal it. Waiting for warm weather, then the inside can be prettied up.

The Silverado is my grandsons so it is time well spent.

Sure would be nice to take a winter trip to Florida, will have to see how it goes. Hey have a safe trip and enjoy the season!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well the snow plows piled about a thousand tons of ice and snow in front off my access gate to Ole Nose. looks like it is stuck in for the rest of the winter.. No trip south!!

P30 chassis
350 engine