Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Centramatic Wheel Balancers
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Centramatic Wheel Balancers
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It should not matter. I left mine on, figuring the wheels were close to balanced with them in place and the Centramatics would have less to compensate for. Unless there were gobs of weights needed, the balancers should be able to handle the imbalance either way.

They have worked well on both my coaches. Never a wheel shake for the life of the tires. They rebalance every time you run them.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenny j:
Hi Tere, I just put new tires on the breakaway. I told the tire man that I wanted them balanced and that I would be using centramatics. He told me not to balance the wheels if using centramatics because the balancers will fight against the weights.
Kenny

Tires and and and what Kenny. Everybody doesn’t get to see you to enjoy the new look. Share

Back on topic is I have the centramatics and run smoothhhhhhhh! A great improvement.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Left my tire weights on also, not sure how a static weight could cause the Centramatic any confusion. Had to install the front Centramatics between the outside of the rim and the bolt circle spacer. The balance working circle is not on the tire centerline more toward the outer tire edge, is this acceptable? Hubcap does hide it.

Back Centramatics fit as they should. Because the wheels are 16 inch they do interfere with access to the inner wheel valve stems a bit. Had to remove some extensions that made filling and checking the tires a bit easier, pretty tight fit now and can not fill them without the modified inflator I fashioned.

They do make a Centramatic model that would fit between the front wheel and hub it is shaped to fit over the hub and move the balance circle towards brake calipers. Another 180 bucks!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The Centramatics I used on the 86 were dished to allow mounting closer to the center of the wheel.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...543941887#4543941887

They worked very well. Not sure how well yours will work with outside mounting but give em a try!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The Centramatics I used on the 86 were dished to allow mounting closer to the center of the wheel.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...543941887#4543941887

They worked very well. Not sure how well yours will work with outside mounting but give em a try!

Took a short trip they seemed fine, the one that might fit my 16 inch wheels is 400-408, and centramatic says might fit, I guess there are several types of 16 inch wheels.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to find out if the tire shop I went to was feeding me a bunch of crap. I called centramatic this morning, and the word from them was having the wheel weights on the tires won't hurt a thing. You would think that a tire sales company that has 120 stores and 17 regrooving plants would know what they are talking about. I guess not. Just think of all the money they have turned down by not balancing these tires. When I first put the centramatics on mine, I left the weights on and had no issues. I had read an article by somebody by the name of Mr. Truck and his comment was not always but sometimes leaving the weights on can cause a vibration. Well, can't believe everything you read on the internet.
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Yea, Kenny go to the horses mouth for the facts!!!!

I find it a bit hard to vision how centrifugal force, and beads sensing a vibration move to a point on a confined circle that eliminates it. One might think it would just want to evenly distribute the beads in the contained cicle... Need the professor on this one!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I felt the same way. The weights never move on the rim. But I am not a tire guy, just a retired sheet metal fabricator and retired musician and figured they should know there business. Guess that's not always the case. Just think of all the business they turn away.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Yea, Kenny go to the horses mouth for the facts!!!!

I find it a bit hard to vision how centrifugal force, and beads sensing a vibration move to a point on a confined circle that eliminates it. One might think it would just want to evenly distribute the beads in the contained cicle... Need the professor on this one!!!

Only theory I have is that the beads bounce around while out of balance and bounce less as balance is approached until all is happy. This implies it is rinse and repeat after every stop. hmm

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Tim; yes it is every time the wheel stops the beads drop to the bottom of the balance circle, and as you say it is a re-rinse.

P30 chassis
350 engine