Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Parts
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Parts
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi all, As many of you know I am now the proud owner of a very attractive '95 Monarch. A couple of things it needs and I'm looking for advice, on where I might find these parts at the best price. It needs a new backup camera, I ithink the rest of the system is okay but not sure since the backup camera is definately not working. does anyone know if I can tell if the monitor is okay before replacing the camera or does it matter i.e. is it better to buy the two togehter? Also the cooling fanthat is mounted to blow on the cooling fins for the engine supplied A/C is making noises like a bearing is going out. The fan is about 12 inches in diameter. It's currently running okay but is making a noise that can be heard when you're standing next to the louvered bin type door that gives access to air for that area. I appreciate any advice, suggestions or donations!

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
...the cooling fan that is mounted to blow on the cooling fins for the engine supplied A/C is making noises like a bearing is going out..

"Hey!" I am the proud owner of a -very attractive, HELL - GORGEOUS! '96 Monarch-style 38', probably similar to yours, thus:
1) Does it blow or suck?
2) The A/C electric fan may be replaced by most any automobile radiator fan. To make it more efficient you might consider fabricating a shroud to mate with the A/C "cooling fins"; I have always wondered about the air flow off the diesel engine that is (??) blowing out the louvered doors in the rear, while the A/C fan is sucking cool air (??) over the A/C fins- mounted on that same door- into the teeth of the gale coming out.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's blowing but I guess I should really check as I suppose it could be doing the opposite (something about that other word that makes me want to avoid it) It is in it's own compartment door so I'm not sure about the competing with the engine airflow design that you discussed. While I'm here let me ask you another question; by the leveling jack monitor there is a gold light that comes on when I start the coach and goes off ofter I'm rolling do you know what that's for (as always the manual is the last place I would look). Right next to that light on the same panel is a "Dump" on and off. Does that control the dumping of the black tank? I never had a coach that had that before and I've had a few. I'd love to see a picture of your Monarch.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a dumb suggestion - On your monitor, have you tried pushing the input button? I bumped mine once by mistake and suddenly had no rear camera! After 15 minutes of frantic diagnostics, (we were ready to leave on a trip), I pushed that button and was back to normal. Worth a try.
Stu Allen 94 Breakaway

Posts: 52 | Location: Staunton VA | Member Since: 01-27-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
...by the leveling jack monitor there is a gold light that comes...

My Midland-Grau ABS system has a gold light -on the dash- that comes on with the ignition and goes out once we're rolling. It is a "check' to let us know it is working (it also occasionally comes on when it is pouring rain and I brake!). It has a bezel that says "Midland-Grau ABS", however.
Right next to that light on the same panel is a "Dump" on and off.
This undoubtedly is the "Dump" funtion of your Leveling System: it bleeds air from your airbags so your coach will be at the lowest point for your leveling legs to extend.

Finally: It is in it's own compartment door
My bad. My Spartan has two louvered doors, about 3' high by 4 or 5' wide directly above the rear bumper, opens in the middle/hinged left and right; the A/C fan is mounted on the inside of the driverside louvered door, sucking through the A/C fins. Radiator is on the roadside, low, about 4' long -front to back- and 3' tall, a louvered door hinged at the top; the engine air intake is above that, another louvered door about 18' long X 14" tall, hinged at the side. All these doors have piano hinges.
My coach is pictured in this forum's "Coaches For Sale" - "Monarch" group- if you're really interested (a very poor picture, BTW). Sapphire Midnight Blue/Royal Blue/Silver, with yours truly at the wheel.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post