Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth Trailer Wheels
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Trailer Wheels
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Todd
posted
I have a 19' Barth Air Flt Trailer that has 700 x 15 in tires & rims. I am trying to find out what the rim is from. It is a 4 lug 15" rim. Can anyone help?
Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about this, but I assume you will need to know the following:
- the diameter of the centering hole in the rim
- the diameter of the bolt circle (the bolt circle is the circle formed by the positions of the lug bolts). With an even number of lugs, you'd went the center to center distance of two opposite lugs
- the lug size

goodluck!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've been in contact with Todd. He is traveling to get this Barth Trailer. His plans are to show up with 2 new tires already mounted to rims. He wants to change out the tires/rims and pull it back. If he just shows up with tires he'll have to strip it down and then get a garage to swap over the tires/rims and then drive back to install.

Todd, will you be repacking the wheel bearings before you pull it down the road?

In the chat room 2 nights ago I asked about 15's and 4 lugs. The only one that rang a bell right away was the older VW Bugs.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the chat room 2 nights ago I asked about 15's and 4 lugs. The only one that rang a bell right away was the older VW Bugs.

Older Bugs used a 5 hole and were known as "wide 5" mounting. That style is still used today on some race cars. The newer (80s to 90s) water cooled VWs use a 4 lug 4X100 pattern and there are some 15" varieties.

Of course, he needs to know the lug pattern first and foremost. Any size wheel will likely work if it fits the lug pattern, at least to get it home.

Some aftermarket wheels have multiple lug patters pre drilled and would up the odds if he want to go with a fancy looking wheel.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Unless you have an "Uncle in the business" or the Barth is way out in the boonies with no tire stores around, I'd go to where it is and go from there. Pulling off a wheel and bringing it in will insure you get it right. I agree that the bearings should be re-packed, or if you're lucky and it has Buddies, at least re-fill. If you feeze up a bearing the very least trouble will be ruining one of those new tires. Good luck getting her home and keep us posted.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Be careful filling the bearing buddies if it has them and has sat for a long period. Grease gets hard as it ages and you can blow the seal out the back if too much pressure builds. It is worth looking inside for grease condition prior to any repack even with the buddies.

You may also have water/rust damage that requires new bearings prior to rolling. Be very suspicious!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I'd make the trip having a plan B. When I went to look at our trailer I brought the wheels home with me to put new tires on, including the spare. I picked the best looking tire from the lot and kept it out as a the new spare. When I went back one of the wheels, the one that was the spare, would not fit. Gotta love GPS and a cell phone on a day like that. I found a tire shop nearby that swapped the tire onto the other rim for me. I'd check around and be sure that a tire shop close by will be open when you go, just in case the rims you take don't fit.

You have other trailers, so I'm sure you know about bearings.

Have Fun,
Wm.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post