Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    left/right hand rotatioin fuel pump for Detroit diesel 8.2 ??
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

left/right hand rotatioin fuel pump for Detroit diesel 8.2 ??
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Now having fuel pump problem...
...my mechanic thinks "I do not believe you motor runs in reverse but is rh clockwise rotation
lh rotation is reserved for boats so they can direct drive the prop.
I think we need to get the rh rotation fuel pump..."

So any help.. BillNY or???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The fourth choice down on this page show the rotation for your motor Doug.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Where is the serial number for this fuel pump...apparently that is the only way to determine the rotation

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
The DD 8.2 is a right hand engine. The DD 2 strokes were available in left or right hand. The only left hand road engines I know of was used by GM buses that set cross ways in the back. They were also used in boats. The four strokes used in boat have a reversing transmission (There may be exceptions).

Lots of gasoline aircraft engines had/have counter rotating engines in multi-engine configurations.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1184 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Pump update:

Relying on Garys expertise I ordered the pump from Miami by UPS
and when the mechanic tried to install it was apparent that it was the wrong rotation...
now another learning experience to begin Frowner

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You have a left hand 8.2 engine? Strange... hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post