Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Search Light
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Search Light
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of R2V2
posted
Does anyone know if there is an instruction video on how to replace the GE-4700 marine bulb in the search light on the roof? I'm a first-time owner and do not want to break anything. Thanks

Posts: 7 | Location: Sedalia Colorado | Member Since: 10-05-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I think there a couple screws on the outside. The cover comes off. There is a sealed beam bulb in there. It looks like a small old school sealed beam headlight. I could not find a replacement with two filaments so I used the single filament lamp. I taped up the other hot wire, so it would not short out on something inside. It works fine. I do not really use it often. It is handy if you arrive at a campground after dark.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and it sure looks cool

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like "cyclops" is looking for a camp site number at night.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My Monarch had a searchlight. Nice one with dual filament and remote control. Unfortunately, one filament was burned out and it only worked side to side.

It didn't matter much because I have learned from my Barth friends Cagles and Johns, who have traveled all over together. Nick says you should plan no more than 300 miles or later than 3PM. That way you get there and set up with plenty time for cocktails before dark! (If you go longer you have to stay the next day!) Tooling Along cheers Thumbs Up

As a result I never used the light or bothered to fix it. I removed it when I recoated the roof.

OTOH, if you boondock, arrive late or want to shoot alligators at night, the spotlight is a great thing! ROTFLMAO

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/20
Picture of Paul And Jaime
posted Hide Post
My spot light still works great. I thought about removing it when I reseal my roof ( if I ever get ahead of my wife's medical issues and I get time.) My wife said I better leave it because it would be handy for the zombie apocalypse.

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I removed mine. It was operable but was glitchy at best. The older on in DBarth was better. I sealed the hole and am ready for the redcoat. (On the list)

Just behind where it I was is now the King Jack directional antenna. Unobstructed and the control comes thru the center oak strip inside. Easy to turn and right in front of the TV.

I will not miss the spotlight at all. On DBarth it worked well. In actual use I only used once. Played with it as a novelty at home a time or two.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of R2V2
posted Hide Post
Thanks, The bulb that I'm looking for is a ge h7604 spot lamp 12v 50w dual filament. I might have to do what you did. I'll keep looking for a while, if I find it I'll let you know. Thanks again.

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Finn:
and it sure looks cool

Posts: 7 | Location: Sedalia Colorado | Member Since: 10-05-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
GE H7604

I saw several on Ebay , but they are single element.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe this will work .

http://www.speedsupplies.com/a...urch.asp?item=222797

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings All,

Actually we have used the roof mounted spotlight on our 30' Breakaway more often than we ever imagined because we almost exclusively boondock in poorly lit fields and parking lots, being "PA POSSE" devotees during the spring, summer, & fall. Additionally, it's certainly an odd looking visual feature which I rarely see on any other coaches, so we plan on keeping it. If & when the bulb does burn out, I think I might replace it with a Handxen PAR 36 LED xenon bulb or some other LED bulb, if possible.

Good Luck,

John

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Pa. | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of R2V2
posted Hide Post
I found an exact match on Ebay. Here is the number if anyone needs to replace theirs.
Philips H4651C1 Sealed Beam
Total: $23.60

posted Hide Post
Good deal , thanks for posting Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
Whoa, not so fast here. My Barth had a sealed beam with two filaments and 3 contacts on back. One contact for each filament, and a ground. The bulbs you are linking are what I did replace with have one filament. Two contacts on the back. One hot one ground. The single filament would be a mono beam not a high and low beam.
That is the reason I had to tape up one of the hot lines in the light housing.
Maybe some BaRTH coaches had single filament cyclops search lights?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
My spotlight is a One Mile Ray, the first bulb purchased in 1998 cost about $40. Ten years later the last known was $75. Now made of unobtainium so I try not to run in darkness, and avoid the British Prince of Darkness. Confession, I had a toy with the infestation, 1960 MGA. Hide

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post