Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Todd Engineering Power Switch TS 50S
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Todd Engineering Power Switch TS 50S
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
Is anyone familiar with this automatic transfer switch? Todd Engineering TS50S. It's not for a Barth so if this question should be in a different forum, please move it to the right one.
The problem I'm having is that I get alternating current when the generator is running but not when I'm plugged into shore power. I am getting 120 volts to the transfer switch.
thanks
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Replace it. Bad points\relay
At first. I thought you had 30A. So I posted this:
https://www.amazon.com/Progres...263&s=gateway&sr=8-5

This morning I found:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f10...urned-up-227648.html

So, if you have 50A, and want to change to Shore-Power-Default:
https://www.campingworld.com/t...er-switch-67274.html

The TRC 50-Amp automatic transfer switch is a basic transfer switch that automatically transfers to generator power 30 seconds after generator start-up. It ensures generator outage voltage is stable before powering up appliances plus once the generator is shut down shore power activates after a 3-4 second delay.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Turns out the neutral leg of the shore power cord was compromised--no continuity. I thought that since I was getting voltage that was not the problem but my son-in-law told me how to measure voltage properly and check for continuity. There was a junction box underneath the couch where the shore power cord was spliced and the neutral(white) connection was bad. It was a pia to get at--had to take the couch out etc. But the whole area under the couch needed cleaned and mice had done a job on some duct work as well. All is good now.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post