Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    engine shutdown solved!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

engine shutdown solved!
 Login now/Join our community

posted
To All Those That Helped,
Thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts and to the people at Motor Coach Restorations, my Regency is cured! Thanks to Al, Tom and S.F. I found a "kill switch" was wired into the fuel selanoid(sp?)and it decided to send the "kill" message. On trying to flip it to on or off, the switch broke off. How or why it decided to do this just sitting 10 days is beyond me. I never knew it existed before. The coach has had two prior owners and maybe one of them put it in or possibly it was original. I guess it was installed to deter theft. I have removed it assuming thieves will be attracted to newer coaches. I have also addressed my filters as Al suggests, and Tom was on the money regarding an electrical problem with the fuel solenoid and I realized my fuel seperator needs replacing as S.F. suggests. Thanks much to you all! What a great "braintrust" to tap into.
Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 4 | Location: Mtn. Center, CA USA | Member Since: 04-21-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're back in business. You might also be interested in Tech Talk, Page 2, "EPM switch."

Semper Fi,

Nick

Posts: 10 | Location: Canada (Legally) | Member Since: 04-22-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post