Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    generator problem
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

generator problem
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
The first time I used the generator to run the air, it ran for about a half hour then quit. It seems to run as long as the start button is depressed, but when I let up on the start button it Quits. It is a 7KW dometic & runs on propane. Any suggestions?

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
The oil is about a half a quart down. I will fill it and try again.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Problem solved! It was a 20 amp fuse on thw generator. visually it looked O.K., but when I checked for continuity it showed it was blown. I don't think R.V. World ever checked the gen-set as the oil was I/2 qt. low, the governor showed no oil on it's dip stick, so I guess the "guy in the sky" wanted us to check things thoroughly. A'int he wonderful? Well the shake down starts at 6am, and w'ere excited to say the least.

posted Hide Post
i have a 92 breakaway 5.9 diesel and a propane dometic generator i started it once when i bought it then i tryed to start again the battery was a little low it wont start so i charged the batteries went to try and start again but the starter will not crank i took the starter out put power to it works fine still will not crank over checked there is 12 to starter im thinking i blew the circuit board remote switch any body have same problem i think not many Barths had dometic 7.5 generators propane

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is for a Domedic generator not fridge

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
dometic 7.5 generators propane

see thisSmiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AKKuuXUM6I

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Picture of Cantrade
posted Hide Post
We just returned home from a 1,000+ mile trip and I decided to test our Dometic Generator. We have not used it in a couple of years and I was curious if it still would function.
It would not start and I set off to learn about why. I found a wire in one of the connectors to the control box had slipped out of the fitting. These are "Molex" type connectors and are a bear to work with. I ended up installing a new wire which jumped around the plug and the engine would crank but not start. I traced the fuel path from the tank to a filter/fuel cut off switch which was working. I then took the Beam 60 fuel regulator top off and it was dirty but looked o.k. I then took off the bottom cover and found it full of worms. The vent hole was sealed shut and some insect had got in there and made a total mess of it. I cleaned it up and the engine fired but will not run long. I think this regulator is going to the dump and a replacement might solve my problem. BTW, this regulator will take full tank pressure so it is sourced through the "Liquid" valve on the tank and not the "Vapor" valve.

1993 Breakaway 33'. Cummins 6BTA5.9 with Bosch injection. Upped to 260 HP or so. Third owner.

"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well!!" Cummings Law

Posts: 140 | Location: Central New Mexico | Member Since: 04-18-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post