Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Air wiper conversion
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air wiper conversion
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1990 Barth Regency. I'm looking for a conversion kit to replace the spastic air wiper system. Have searched archives with no luck.

Any help out there?

Posts: 3 | Location: Arkansas | Member Since: 07-17-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
When you have a plan, I am ready for electric replacements. I hope to have a wiper delay. Good luck Debbie. Here are some links.

Kevin

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin, if and when I get a solution, it will be shared with all.

Already in the works with an OEM in Oregon. Looks promising. Just hope it will be cost effective.

Posts: 3 | Location: Arkansas | Member Since: 07-17-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Remember the vacuum wiper motors? Every time you went up a hill the wipers would stop! What fun they were. My first MH was a converted 49 Chevy with vacuum wipers, crossing mountain ranges in the rain was quite the experience.

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My Regal and Monarch both have electric wipers and I'm happy about that. 2 speed self parking. They are not just the motor with a fixed sweep. The motor is mounted in a small frame with an adjustable rod to the wiper shaft like this:

http://www.defender.com/produc...2|2290233&id=3515421

The Monarch has electric also but it has the pantograph arm setup, requires an extra shaft

http://www.defender.com/produc...2|2290233&id=3508927

There are others like these, but they would be farly easy to attach through the front of the coach.

When I get a chance I will take a shot of the OEM layout. If possible I'll see what motor assembly was used. (86 is in the Hangar, 98 is at the shop.)

Heck, I remember MANUAL wipers. Had a crank handle through top of the windshield! (In high school one of my friends had another version.. Motor fried, but we still had the little front vent windows, you could loop a rope from one side, through the other side to the wipers, then pull the rope back and forth. Ahh, those were the days...) head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Were the air wipers an improvement gone sour? I have electric wipers no delay but 2 speeds.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Air motor driven wipers were good for the time the were used. Used on air ride Regencies. A Regency has air throttle and air shifter too. The air motors get weak and tired after 27 years. I am ready for an electric upgrade with wiper a variable delay.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Finally got around to working on the wipers on the Monarch. I took a shot of the wiper motor assembly. The plug has 6 connectors but only 3 wires are used.

The motor was mounted with a 3/4 inch wooden spacer, which had rotted away. I lubed the bearings and reinstalled with new spacer.

I have not tried to Google the number.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve you have same situation as the woman with nine buttons on her nightgown, she could only festinate!!

I love Weird AL!!!

Your drive unit is very similar to the one on my Glassnose, do you use different wires for the left and right side like mine??

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
On the 86 Regal there is a separate switch and wire for each side. On the 98 there is just one common switch for both sides.

I Googled the number did not get an exact match. The numbers are for the motor and gearbox not the entire assembly. There is a very similar motor which would work it just has a different connector but could be rewired to match

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This may help:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=792107781#792107781

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My unit has two switches also and a toggle for the washer, probably the same, but I was able to get mine working so I did not get new ones. No help to you.

Rusty,,,,My collies are spoiled rotton!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine