Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Gillig chassis parts
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Gillig chassis parts
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I was hoping to get help with anyone finding Gillig parts at other places. I'm in the need for a hydraulic fan motor part #53-24464-001
In the past dealing with Gillig I needed air bags. Come to find out they held the Patten from firestone. And are able to control the price. Got a feeling they might as well on a lot of their parts.
Any one have luck finding vendors that cross over their part numbers to other part suppliers

Posts: 2 | Location: Mount Holly NC | Member Since: 05-15-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Gillig is mostly Neway chassis parts. My local shop replaced all four of my air bags. Commercial Truck and Trailer had no trouble getting the proper air bag fit.
I purchased bushings for my power steering pump on the internet. Power steering powers the fan motor also.
There has been a few Barth owners replacing the fan motor. Very similar to the pump being a Webster pump, the fan motor will have the manufacturer markings stamped on the motor. It may have seals that are common also, that are not Gillig specific.
It is very similar to HWH parts for leveling jacks not selling the seals. The seals for the 16000 pound actuators cost less than $10. The actuators are about $300 to have rebuilt.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I went through your process last year when I replaced a leaking fan motor. I investigated having it rebuilt and crossed to other fans that Sprague made amd when it was all done Gillig had the best price and availability. It turnd out I got it on a week vs six if rebuilt amd about $100 less than a suitable Sprague.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom,

Are the numbers the same as the fan motor you purchased?

Good reference information here.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As we know Gillig uses the last 5 numbers in the VIN and when I ordered they had updated the Part Number to 53-26580-000. The invoice shows $658.42 plus $16.49 shipping. Other sources were as high as $1100 and a rebuild was going to be $750 and six weeks before they could get it back.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Part Number 53-26580-000

quote:
Part Number 53-24464-001

Old and new hydraulic fan motor numbers above for Regency with 3208TA engines.

posted Hide Post
1993 Regency book lists the fan motor as 55-18801-000 but the upgrade or whatever is what they sent as above. They looked identical however and the new one is working fine.

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I was told by Gillig that they no longer handle the fan motor and referred me to Webster in Charlotte NC. I purchased a rebuild kit for the new number Kevin posted from Webster in the hope it will work in my motor when I get the chance to pull it.
Cost was $60.39 for part number 163S8023.
If it doesn't fit my old motor I'll have a spare kit for the new complete motor I'll have to buy for around $600.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This where I was sent: http://www.novahydraulics.com
The brand of my pump was Sauer-Danfoss, now Sig - Sundstrand and they had me get the number off the actual pump.

posted Hide Post
Looks to me like these Gillig chassis is like Ford, which built no alike.... or if two were two the same one got sent to scrap pile.
Tom did the radiator have to be removed to replace the fan pump?
Nick Cagle, did you have this fan pump replaced on your Barth?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Tom Johns had his replaced. Mine was replaced by previous owner.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Nope, one of the things that I never had to repair. Actually, I had very good luck with my 3208. Replaced the shutdown solenoid and repair a hole in the turbo pipe about the only things I remember having to do to the engine.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No the radiator (side mount) was not touched. I worked through the bedroom with a board over the top of the engine. When removing bolts I add silicone when it is almost out so I don't lose them. Going back in it holds them in place so they don't drop out. Sort of like the NASCAR crew gluing lug bolts to the wheels.You do need to drain the hydraulic pump so you minimize the loss of fluid. On mine they put a faucet valve in front of the filter so I could isolate the fan and preserve most of the fluid. It is self bleeding so any air is not a problem.

posted Hide Post
I got up with Gillig about the fan motor. They discontinued them. He gave me information on the place they last got one. And a new part number 163K1027. Turns out right here in my home state. Hydraulic & Pneumatic Sales, Inc. Charlotte, NC. Got with them today and was told. Price on a model 163K1027 will be $406.69 each, with an estimated lead time of 16 weeks after receipt of an order.
Looking in to a rebuild now. to long of a wait.

Posts: 2 | Location: Mount Holly NC | Member Since: 05-15-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
is this that fan motor..?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Danfos...3K1027-/122043899233

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post