Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    adding fresh water
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

adding fresh water
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
I have a 1991 Breakaway that I cannot get fresh water into (at least into use). When I connect to the city water hookup I get two streams (under pressure) of water from two holes right next to the hookup. When I go to the other side of the rig and fill the water tank, and then start the pump, water streams out of the same two holes next to the city water fill. This happens whether the "auto fill" switch on the monitor panel is on or not. Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong?

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This a guess, only a guess. Many folks have unhooked their autofill system since they were problematic and over flowed a lot. Look for a valve that needs to be closed somewhere in from of the fill (Passenger) side. If this valve is open then when you turn on the pump the water will go to the path of least resistance. Again this is just a guess.... However, when my valve is open the pump will come on because it will let air into the system and pressure will be lost. Do you have a similar symptom??

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1305037&a=10653417&p=36455289

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured out what the problem was. The city water fill incorporates a pressure regulator that had gone bad. It had 'reversed' itself internally. Not only would it not accept a hose hookup for the city water fill, it would also leak out the overfill holes built into it, when the pump was turned on.

Replacing it (about $28) took care of it, and is readily available at marine parts stores. It was a: Manufacturer: ITT JABSCO
Part Number: ITT 444102000

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post