Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Macerator install...?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Macerator install...?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
been considering installing a macerator in my coach.. Anyone done this / have pics of the install?

here's an old thread search for some background..

loosen your S$&@ up..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Cindy and Mike, Thumbs Down I do not see the need for a macerator. Thumbs Down I drain my tanks at the dump station or when I have full hookup. Click If you want to clean your tanks dump a bag of ice and some dish soap in your tank and head to your destination. hmm I do not need another piece of equipment draining my batteries. Mechanic In my business a sewage pump should only be installed when absolutely necessary. Computer Sewage macerators will seize up when the camper is stored, making another item to repair. Sorry

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Naturally, corn.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I have a macerator but not hooked up. It attaches to the end a standard sewer hose and then hook it up to battery. I use it when needed. I have a 50' windup hose that I use. When parked in our daughters driveway it will go behind the house to drain in the sewer. Have dumped in toleit by pushing hose down the drain. Couple of times over the years spread sewage over pasture.

Summery just hooked up when needed. Was a good investment 20 or 30 years ago and still is today.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Gary, that's the idea I have been thinking..Sorta Porta(ble). A later project/purchase.. What brand is yours..?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't recall offhand. We will be back home in Yuma next week so will go look and try to remember to post then. I did check ebay and there are some that just go on the drain port instead of a hose for about $65. I would be happy with that one. Did not see what I bought 25+ years ago.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
Was a good investment 20 or 30 years ago and still is today.

If your pump is 20 years old is does not have built in obsolescence. I think you must be also running copious amounts of clean rinse water through it to keep it in good working order after every use. Keep up the good work.
Since I have drainpipe video equipment, pumping sewage is not on my bucket list while camping.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you only use it a few time a year it lasts a long time. Bought it when we had our GM4106 bus. Then transferred to the Newell and now carried in the Barth.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance