Barthmobile Portal
Lamp replacements

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/7803946097

10-22-2017, 06:24 PM
Sneelock
Lamp replacements
Has anybody had occasion to replace SAE F 83 driving/fog lamps on their coach? I'm interested in finding a good source and recommendations on brand, model or perhaps updated versions in hid or led. Of particular concern is that the housing and mount will fit into the recess in the fiberglas 'bumper' (and hopefully bolt right on).

On my coach these lamps had clear lenses so they're probably more along the line of an auxiliary or driving light than a fog light. Being mounted so low they are subject to being damaged by rocks and debris so something with a plastic lens might be preferable.

I will also be replacing all the regular headlamps - my 95 Monarch has Sylvania H4651/ H4656 style lamps. If anyone has updated this type on their coach or simply has some useful information about it I would welcome the feedback.

Thanks!!
10-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by Sneelock:
I will also be replacing all the regular headlamps - my 95 Monarch has Sylvania H4651/ H4656 style lamps. If anyone has updated this type on their coach or simply has some useful information about it I would welcome the feedback.

Thanks!!

Gillig in Heyward California has the LED (Light emitting Diode) replacements.
10-24-2017, 12:42 AM
Gary Carter
Be careful replacing brake lights with led. Your cruise control need to see ground thru the lights. Personally don't think changing out the brakes lights makes much difference.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance