Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Lamp replacements
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lamp replacements
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/19
Picture of Sneelock
posted
Has anybody had occasion to replace SAE F 83 driving/fog lamps on their coach? I'm interested in finding a good source and recommendations on brand, model or perhaps updated versions in hid or led. Of particular concern is that the housing and mount will fit into the recess in the fiberglas 'bumper' (and hopefully bolt right on).

On my coach these lamps had clear lenses so they're probably more along the line of an auxiliary or driving light than a fog light. Being mounted so low they are subject to being damaged by rocks and debris so something with a plastic lens might be preferable.

I will also be replacing all the regular headlamps - my 95 Monarch has Sylvania H4651/ H4656 style lamps. If anyone has updated this type on their coach or simply has some useful information about it I would welcome the feedback.

Thanks!!

Posts: 28 | Location: Pacific City, OR | Member Since: 08-12-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sneelock:
I will also be replacing all the regular headlamps - my 95 Monarch has Sylvania H4651/ H4656 style lamps. If anyone has updated this type on their coach or simply has some useful information about it I would welcome the feedback.

Thanks!!

Gillig in Heyward California has the LED (Light emitting Diode) replacements.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Be careful replacing brake lights with led. Your cruise control need to see ground thru the lights. Personally don't think changing out the brakes lights makes much difference.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post