Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    interior wood
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

interior wood
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted
I have a 1979 28 barth and i would like to find out what kind of wood the interior walls are as i am having to reconstruct the refer area. any one with any ideas?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Richard,

Barth always used the best materials to construct the cabinetry. I think the used a company near the plant called Van's Custom Cabinetry to build their cabinets. Different woods were used, but Cherry andf Oak were most common.

You should show it to someone who is a carpenter or at least familiar with wood and they should have no problem identifying it for you.

If you can post pictures you will get the answeres on this site as well.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My interior walls are 4mm Luan plywood. They appear to have been put in by Barth before Van's did the cabinets.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rp,s my barth is teak. carl

Posts: 4 | Location: forestburgh ny | Member Since: 02-18-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post