Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Engine gauges question
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine gauges question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Richard Garrett
posted
Would anyone know the manufacturer(s)and availability of the oil pressure and water temp gauges in my 91 Breakaway? They fluctuate wildly or are pegged most of the time. They typically have moisture/condensation in them with the A/C off for several days.Any troubleshooting input would be appreciated; I will begin by replacing the gauges because of the moisture and go from there.
Thank you in advance,Richard

1991 Breakaway,Spartan chassis model:EC2242 5.9 Cummings:6BT5.9-B, Trans:AT542,B,Kohler LP:KT17EP Vin457KT9T19MC003703

Posts: 10 | Location: Tallahassee,Fla. | Member Since: 07-12-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
My '94 Breakaway had VDO dash gauges as OEM. Just starting to replace them as they go bad..changed the volt meter and the water temp to a similar looking gauge from my auto supplier.Really not very costly and not hard to do. Also replaced oil pressure sending unit and kept original VDO gauge.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Richard:
How about coming to the Hillsborough State Park "GTG" in December. Several Breakaways are registered PLUS the real brainy folks with the answers to all your questions. Have a super time and meet the gang...................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Garrett:
Would anyone know the manufacturer(s)and availability of the oil pressure and water temp gauges in my 91 Breakaway?
Do they look like these?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of my gauges (some in operation-some not. Bill I could not tell from your picture if mine were the same,can you identify these?
I am looking at going to the Central Fla. GTG,not certain if I can yet.
I had a Barth blow it's zillion decibel horn at me on I65 as I crossed into Northern Alabama from Tenn.Sunday morning last,I was not quick enough to respond in kind;quite a noise bouncing off those hills,sure woke me out of la la land.I hope I did the picture upload correctly. load/101F.jpg[/IMG

1991 Breakaway,Spartan chassis model:EC2242 5.9 Cummings:6BT5.9-B, Trans:AT542,B,Kohler LP:KT17EP Vin457KT9T19MC003703

Posts: 10 | Location: Tallahassee,Fla. | Member Since: 07-12-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Ok... I got it. Here is your gauge set. Is there any chance you could make the image bigger? Mabe zoom into the face so I can see for sure which style it is.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Garrett:
Would anyone know the manufacturer(s)and availability of the oil pressure and water temp gauges in my 91 Breakaway?
If it has the same type of faceplate as mine, then this product line is no longer being produced. It was originally made by TeleFlex and they were bought out by VeeThree. Sadly, VeeThree decided to discontinued this line about 3 years ago. Anything you find will be NOS or sitting in a shelf at an RV or Boat Store.

On another note: I just saw this here.

Great Lakes Skipper: Teleflex Clock Boat Gauge 7509974

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Bill,I will try to attach another picture,not a great one but a tad closer:
Thank you.