Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Head light switch
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Head light switch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted
Hello folks,
Trying to locate a wire that would be connected to the headlight switch that operates the tail lights.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram that would show the routing of the tail light wiring? Are any of the headlight switch functions routed first through relays in the exterior electrical bay?
Also there is a "bell-shaped" device mounted on the firewall just inside the access door. Is black plastic and is hooked-up electrically. What is this and what is its function?

1994 Breakaway XL
6CTA Cummins
Gillig
Allison 5 spd.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
connected to the headlight switch that operates the tail lights.

maybe this?

http://www.americanautowire.co...49%20500332%20IN.pdf

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Found info on installing relays for the headlights from a posting by Rusty. What a great tutorial! That's the fix I'm looking for! My headlights "cut-out" after 30 minutes or so of usage, and then come back on. I guess a heat sensitive circuit breaker is resetting after a time.

I know its been awhile since that posting Rusty, but thanks again!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
An alternative to the re-wiring option of the low beam circuit, is to install LED headlights. This is requires no modification to the wiring and only a modest change to your pocket book,---- and you get significantly more light.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
'92 Breakaway:
installed - Truck-Lite 27640C Rectangular LED 4" X 6" Headlight Low Beam
Happy with the performance (much improved) but wish my headlight switch would have been cooler. Notwithstanding, easy alternative to incorporating a relay retro.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know its been awhile since that posting Rusty, but thanks again!

Glad your problem is solved!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post