Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Memphis took my roof!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Memphis took my roof!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Do you think they could have been luggage rails?

I have luggage rails in the back, maybe they were going to put a different set in at factory. Holes run all the way to the front and do not seem to have any reinforcement.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Rain today, and son in laws birthday tomorrow, yeah a break from this roof!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
There are a series of .25 holes that are spaced about 2 foot apart maybe a foot inboard of the outer walls going from front to back on both sides. They have been plugged with a big glob of silicone sealant these seem to be the major source of the leaks. Anyone know what they were used for, just holes now?

Good lord, those are speed holes. No wonder why you can't go fast with 'em all blocked up.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Never occurred to me those were speed holes, is that similar to speed bumps??

We have had rain and some family things going on so I have not had time to devote to the roof repair. I think I am going to fix all the likely leak spots with window glazing compound. Paint it, so I can use the Nose. My hope is it will last until spring and should still be soft and easily removed. I know it is the not the best but I do not want the Nose tied up for these really nice fall weeks.

Any thoughts??

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Rain, Rain and more Rain, Where is all the beautiful fall weather.

So rain has delayed my temporary Nose roof repair, and the river is back in flood, so no bass fishing. I looked at the roof on my house while working on the Nose roof, shingles are curling, trying to get quotes on a new house roof.

Thus far the fall has been less than satisfactory!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way. Between the 2 week down time for surgery and the onset of the monsoon season I feel like I have gotten nothing done lately. head bang

Time to winterize things. We have not had a frost yet, it will be soon. The leaves are late turning also, only about 50% here. Boat, lake pump, and coach need to be drained. I want to get a few other things done on the coach before I leave for Florida. I hope to recoat the roof with Anvil after I get there.

Good luck with your roof. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Winterized DBarth and Midnight today. No Rusty they are not wearing a sweater Sorry

Sale of DBarth will be put on back burner. There are flood warnings> I think in the 10 day one may have sun?? head bang

Fielding offers of crazy low amounts are taking me even lower than the weather. Thumbs Down

Works crazy!

Okay on a bright note LYNN is getting stronger every day... I'll update after a few more DR appointments..

House roof, Barth roof make sure you wear a hat Duane! Good LUCK and keep your powder dry.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well lots of folks are in my boat I see!! The sun always makes me feel better, might get a few seconds of it today.

Its a good thing we have loving wives, and are motivated by life!!

Good weather, loving families, beer and Barths to enjoy! Happy days!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well a bit of sunshine, allowed me to button up the roof on the nose temporarily. Now when it rains tonight I will check for any leaks I missed, hope not any for sure!! Redo come summer!

The house is another story, two bids so far, I am going to the poor house soon. Roofing has gone up as has everything else, last roof I had put on in the 80's was 3 grand, this one will be triple that at least!

Materials today may be better quality, and I guess roofers are no longer minimum wage. Dangerous job.

Bye The Bye Dana, I ain't got much hair and a transplant is beyond my limits, I might sneak up and chop off some of Steves' mullet and get me one of those fancy hair pieces!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You should have told me! I just went in and had my seasonal haircut. Not a tune up either, a full overhaul. ROTFLMAO

There was plenty left on the floor for a good rug! Sorry

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
You should have told me! I just went in and had my seasonal haircut. Not a tune up either, a full overhaul. ROTFLMAO

There was plenty left on the floor for a good rug! Sorry

WoW, surgery and now a haircut, lots of cutting. Glad all worked out for you!!!!

Two days of partial sun here, spirits have lifted!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine