Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    purchase of rear rotor for 35' Barth ?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

purchase of rear rotor for 35' Barth ?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Capt Bob
posted
well looks like i need to replace one rotor at the moment, drivers side is bad and passenger side is in great shape,going thru MCR the rotor is about $550, plus the extras , is there any alternatives to going this way or is it the only way, i have no books with my Barth, so i dont have any torque settings, would appreciate any suggestions, will probally order tomorrow , i am getting pads through them also,,,, Thanks Capt Bob

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
MCR was the best deal when I did mine.
If there is anything worn on your calipers check out the MCR rebuilt calipers - they were quite reasonably priced

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt Bob
posted Hide Post
i think the calipers are ok, we havent removed anything yet was going to at least get the rotors and if i do have to order calipers will do that next,

Capt Bob
1984 35ft Regency
MCC chassis
8.2 Detroit Turbo

Posts: 115 | Location: West Central Florida | Member Since: 10-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Cap'n, Did you ask Christopher if your coach has the larger/upgraded rotors? I know MCR made an upgrade for our coach's with larger then stock size rotors.. He might have the info on yours or at least he could tell you the difference in sizes.

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
I actually tried to buy the upgraded system when I was doing my brakes - he (Leslie) talked me out of it twice!
Told me if I knew how to drive I didn’t need them.

Can’t say I have had too many people talk me out of a $2k purcashe…twice!

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post