Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Atwood Ignition Module
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Atwood Ignition Module
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
I believe my ignition module (circuit board) may have gone bad in my Atwood GH6-6E water heater. It worked fine so far this year, but did not work the last time I tried to use it. Just got a flashing red fault light when I switched it on, which I tried multiple times to do. Checked it out when I got home and I have power at the input terminations, just nothing on the output side. Not even the "clicking" of it attemping to light.
Here is where I need help. It looks like my module is a part number 93256. I tried to find it online, but to no avail. I called Atwood and they tell me it is discontinued. They said use a part number 91504, but the system will need modification. During my research I found that it looked to be part number 93865 that would be correct, but the Atwood tech told me they were also discontinued. He then told me to call the local RV distributor of their products and gave me a few names. To shorten this story, one said use part number 91504, two said to use part number 93865. Anybody out there change one of the old ones (93256) to a newer style? If so, which one did you use? I did try to get a 93865 and the guy sent me a 93253. Don't know if that one would work or not. And Atwood is not helping because they just plain don't know about the old part numbers! So I'll turn to those who have helped me in the past, my friends on this site.
Thanks, Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Try this link. I have heard that the Dinosaur boards are a better replacement than the originals.

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=424

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
posted Hide Post
Hello and HELP.
Does any one know where the fuse for the water heater on a '85 Regal is located?

Posts: 12 | Location: Arvada CO | Member Since: 11-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
John: If the lower front of your sofa folds down, you should have a bank of circuit breakers. Check these out.........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My 84 Regal SE has two closets. The rear closet has a compartment at the bottom. It is accessed by either lifting up the false floor of the closet or opening the small door at the bottom. Both AC and DC fuses are there.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys - thanks for your input I looked both places and no fuse bank for the water heater and the BARTH monitor board. I will run another fused wire (what size fuse?) I'll start with a 10 amp. and move up if needed.
I got into this problem trying to make the heater turn on, The first sensor on the right on the heater was faulty. Once I get the power back on I need to know how to replace it and where to get the part.

Posts: 12 | Location: Arvada CO | Member Since: 11-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
John, have you tried to bypass the wire and use a lead from known power to see if it works then?

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Atwood heater is now working! I ran another fused lead to the monitor. Now all I .need to do is replace the faulty sensor on the water heater itself

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There should be two - a thermostat and a safety switch, which opens if the temp gets too high. They generally come in a kit of the pair.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed ECO and Temp switches and things are up and running. Installing the switchs was a cup of tea.