Barthmobile Portal
Bat Wing Antenna

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/7291057782

11-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Danny Z
Bat Wing Antenna
Finally got a cool day to tackle the stripped gear in the Winegard batwing. I removed the entire assembly from the roof, only to find I didn't have to. Remove the crank handle by loosening the allen set screw. [Inside the coach]. Don't bother taking the trim plate off, it's only there to show you where to position the antenna for lowering. Up top, remove the large plastic nut using a good fitting 6 point socket if possible. It's very tight and fights you all the way out. This is the lockdown for the pinion gear. once removed, the pinion is removed by cranking with a 1/4 socket. The new pinion has to be cut to length so save the stripped one for a guide. Crank the new one back in, replace the plastic cap, and you're good to go. If any of you lube techs has a recomendation on the plastic rack and pinion gears, let us know. The gear is 12 bucks and change. Beats a bill and a half for a new Batwing!

RoofAntenna

79 Barth Classic
11-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Rusty
Super Lube Grease

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields