Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fawcet Problems
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fawcet Problems
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
When I was winterizing last year I forgot to adjust the pressure on the air compressor, (bad me) and blew something in my kitchen faucet. Luckily after a complete inspection that is the only thing.

I think that most of us probably have the same faucet. I am getting leaking around the bottom of the spout and only when I have the hot or cold on does it leak. Below are the parts I have removed. Does that other thing in the center come off. It seems likd the problem should be there.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think it's a Delta; Home Despot or Lowe's should have replacement parts. The O-rings at top and bottom of the riser are likely the culprits. You shouldn't have to remove that (which requires disconnecting the water hoses and removal of the base).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If you want to fix it, try replacing the O rings first. However, the mention of high pressure raises the possibility of a crack hiding in the plastic somewhere.

But I have never liked RV faucets, anyway, and end up with new ones. We put in one from Lowe's with a high spout shaped like an upside-down U, that had a matching thumb sprayer next to the cold faucet. The high spout is important, since I am the dishwasher, and big pots fit under it better. I plumbed it so that the sprayer sprays hot water without either faucet open. This is not only water-saving, but gives it full pressure for rinsing.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
You are so right Bill and I think you correct also Rusty. We have put the high spout faucets through out the house. I think I'll just go that way. thanks guys...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Either mine got updated or Conrad put the high spout in, like bill h's - it's very nice.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Home Despot or Lowe's should have replacement parts.

Home Despot. I love it. Could you, by any chance, be referring to Nardelli's management style? Smiler

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
You want to know the truth. We don't have a good hardware store in town. We used to have Karulf's hardware in Glen Lake, MN just a couple miles from here. For non-handy guys like me they were very helpful. Now we have Home Depot where no one knows anything and Karulf's is now Kraemer's and staffed with 18 year olds who probably never even mowed their day's lawn. We have a store that is very cheap when you know what you want called Menard's but they are staffed by Somalians. Now I have to tell you they are "very" motivated to help you but they just don't know a lot. Good people though. Did any of you know that we have more Somalians here than any other state??

Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Did any of you know that we have more Somalians here than any other state??

Yeah, it's those vast Desert areas in the northern part of Minnesota that attracts them. And: Does G. Keillor know this??

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Home Despot or Lowe's should have replacement parts.

Home Despot. I love it. Could you, by any chance, be referring to Nardelli's management style? Smiler

"Further, Affiant sayeth naught..." Roll Eyes

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
We replaced ours with one that had the retractable spray head for a nozzel. You can put it out the kitchen window and hose off the kids when they come up from the beach. It was easier then putting in an outside shower too.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I had Fawcett problems too.

I finally had to change my phone number to stop that crazy woman from calling me Roll Eyes

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Re;Windsors signoff. I don't know if my Euro is the ugliest Barth ever made but it sure must be in the running. However, we love her and wouldn't trade her for anything with a W attached to her, so right you are!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Danny, your Euro is not even close to ugly. If it will make you feel better, I keep a file of ugly motor homes, and will be happy to share it. Plus, the Euro has such an interesting history.