Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Engine will not shut off
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Engine will not shut off
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Yesterday I took our Regency (8.3 Cummins diesel) out for a short spin. When I returned, I could not get the engine to shut off. The engine can only be shut off while in neutral and the air brake applied.... which it was and it would not shut down. After flipping the switch a few minutes it finally did shut down. I am sure someone will suggest that it is a loose ground. If it is then where is it? There are about a thousand wires going everywhere.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, 8.3 Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Fuel Shut off Solenoid bad

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Fuel Shut off Solenoid bad

Common, simple problem (from what I have read elsewhere).
Somewhere in my digital files I have something about a newer, better design.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Not sure what transmission you have or what type of shifter but our Newell with it 730 allison and stone bennet air shifter whould not let the engine shut off unless it was in neutral. The reason for this is to make sure it is neutral so you can start the engine with no air pressure. A couple this happened to me. Shifted it to drive and back to neutral and off the engine went.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post