Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    6 cylinder Barth and other stuff!!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

6 cylinder Barth and other stuff!!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve, you might be surprised, your VW van will sell at least 3 times it's sticker price as is, upgraded as yours, more. Almost any rust free and complete 60's matching vin numbers muscle car will go for 3/5 it's original sticker price. Saw on TV a restored Falcon Ranchero that sold for 25K. Some folks just have to much money!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Classic cars I owned in the day suffered from inadequacies of the day. 57 Chevy convertible with brakes that faded in a hard stop just like the 63 chevel and the 69 Bonnie wagon. The 61 Hawk with typical Stude door handles that sometimes failed to work. Ball joints that failed around 50K.
I remember the airplane price drop in the recession of early 70s?, perhaps later 80s?, my father was a rated commercial flight instructor and loved the Beach Bonanza. The prices dropped from the 70k range for low end to high teens. Disposable income and lack of a license are only a few of the reasons I stayed out flying and many other pursuits.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Got my private license in 75, never saw aircraft prices on used planes do anything but rise. Case in point my favorite aircraft a 1946 Aeronca Chief, bought in 80 for $2800 sold in 85 for $3000 with the engine hours at 1200, that is over haul stage for that engine. Today that plane would sell for at least 15k perhaps as high as 25K.

There is more to this story, had a business trip to Europe for a month and my wife sold the Chief and a Porsche 914 too, while I was gone!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, there's no logic to prices for old vehicles, no matter whether it's boats, cars, rv's, or airplanes. We have a 1978 Mercedes 450Sl with less than 65000 original miles. The car has no rust. It will cruise the Autobahn all day at 100mph. The quality and craftsmanship of Mercedes is incredible. It has 4 wheel independent suspension, automatic everything, a/c, and a very strong V-8. It's not concourse but probably a 2 on the rating chart. Yet when we offered it for sale last year, we didn't even reach $10K. And an original 51 Plymouth will bring more than that. Go figure.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Jim every time I get in my 300C, I think if had waited a week for what I paid for this, I could be in your 450. Timing stinks...However I do like the 300. Bet if you can find a set of snug fitting European chrome bumpers for that beauty it will have a lot more sex appeal. Those 5 MPH American POS are ugly!

P30 chassis
350 engine