Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fresh water pipe fitting ID and source
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fresh water pipe fitting ID and source
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My fresh water pump indicates a pressure loss that causes it to cycle on momentarily to build up the cut-off pressure. I have come to the conclusion it is the fresh water auto fill solenoid valve. When I removed it (inline valve)I saw a lot of mineral scale in the valve area. I don't believe it is the original valve, because the label lists it for use L.P.Gas, Gasoline. It has 1/4" ports and I ordered a replacement valve with 1/2" ports. The new valve is NPT thread into the valve, but the other end of the male to male coupling has a polybutyl pipe with an end that fits a beveled area on the inside diameter of the coupling with what appears to be straight threads (no taper as in pipe threads). Does anyone know the name of the fitting end described, and a source would be helpful,. Thanks

Mitch & Tess
1995 Barth Breakaway? 31ft front entry
9411 3941 31LA 11B
210hp Cummins B5.9 (turbocharged)
Spartan chassis EC2246
Air Suspension/ 4wheel disc brakes
Allison AT542 4 speed
6kw Honda RV6010 gen.

Posts: 22 | Location: Bell, FL | Member Since: 11-11-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I took my valve apart. Filled a tray with vinegar and soaked the calcium off of it. Put it back together. Works fine for now.

Notice in the picture below the manual fill valve. Above the manual fill line there are valves on both sides of the auto fill valve so the automatic valve can be removed for service when calcified. It is nice to have the manual fill as a backup when traveling. Many water sources are high calcium.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the couplings on each end of the valve, and the end that connects to the water line is what I need to know the name in order to find one. It appears the coupling is 1/2" NPT and 1/2" ?, if so your adaptor coupling is exactly what I need. To late for cleaning the one I have because I am unable to disassemble, and it only has 1/4" ports. I would like to increase flow to end use. My polybutylene piping has the same threaded connector. Nice pics! thanks for the response

Mitch & Tess
9411 3941 31LA 11B
Spartan chassis EC2246
Allison AT542 4 speed
6kw Honda RV6010 gen.

Posts: 22 | Location: Bell, FL | Member Since: 11-11-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case someone needs direction on the coupling connection, I spoke to Frank (engineer) at Zurn Industries about a quest fitting. A 3/8" x 3/8" CTS coupling has 1/2" NPT threads for the crimp nut, and will work fine piping into my new 1/2" NPT auto-fill valve. Also a choice, if you want to convert accessible pipeing to PEX as the crimp nut will work on polybutylene pipe.

Mitch & Tess
9411 3941 31LA 11B
Spartan chassis EC2246
Allison AT542 4 speed
6kw Honda RV6010 gen.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I should have the fitting you need. There were several in the basement when I purchased my Barth. Text me a picture. Especially if you are referring to the ones next to the automatic valve. The washers are sometimes hard to find. My manual valves have crimps on them. Phone number is in your private messages.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post