Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hydraulic pump for kick down jacks
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hydraulic pump for kick down jacks
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Need information on the pressure {psi} of the hydraulic pump on my Barth diesel pusher with kick down jacks . the back ones started leaking. the jacks are spring loaded with a small cylinder that is welded to a bigger cylinder {3inch}.In order to reseal the jack, you will have to cut off the welded top to take them apart., then reweld the cylinder Heat will kill the new seals?????. what a dumb way to fabricate a lifting jack. I am thinking of a single action, or double 3 inch bore, 10 inch stroke with a 3000 psi hydraulic pump all would work out .. 4 inch bore with less pressure. cannot find any information on pump or owners book

Posts: 15 | Location: Seminole Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Brian, who is the manufacturer of the system?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
HWH. Sounds like mine. Still not leaking after 27 years.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Here is one in Bill's PB account.

Does it look similar?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also from your profile Brian. "where would the tag be?" and the answer is Behind the driver curtain.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are HWH jacks. I have rebuilt hydraulic cylinders before, but I was perplexed on how to take them apart.. I took them to a hydraulic
repair shop and they said "we can repair them but no guarantee.. we had too many returned.!!So I will make something else fit. The only reason I would use them is to take the weight off the tires to keep the tires round as the steel wires take a set and then the tires come apart. the coach sits a lot, have it up on jack stands for now, till I work this issue out.
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Carter:
HWH. Sounds like mine. Still not leaking after 27 years.

Posts: 15 | Location: Seminole Florida | Member Since: 02-18-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I rebuilt my kick down cylinder and it is NOT welded to the larger lifting cylinder. There are o-rings between the kick down and the lifting cylinder. The two cylinders are held together by clamping straps you see. Look at my picture to see the straps. The welds Mechanic you speak of may be the Violence "clever" nono idea of a previous owner.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
contact these guys;

http://rvleveling.com/HWH-hydr...cks-RV-leveling.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post