Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Meeses, Mices, Mouses
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Meeses, Mices, Mouses
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Last year I uncovered my Barth for the spring and found a couple of small presents from a mouse or two. Upon further examination it seems that they decided to eat a little bit of the cover on a bed.

I considered myself lucky because they didn't eat the mattress or the couch and vowed to figure out a way to keep them out next year.

Well here it is "Next Year" and this posting I hope will help me to get a clue. So how about it, how do you all keep the mouses out?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Fabric softner sheets....scatter them through out the coach, in drawers, cupboards, closets, bays, engine compartment, anywhere you think that they may want to take up residence. After 3 or 4 months replace them. Been doing that for about 7 years with a car and truck and household items in storage units or garages and have never had any more problems with
meeses, mices, or mouses. Cheap and easy solution.

[This message has been edited by Shadow man (edited November 13, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Shadow man (edited November 13, 2005).]

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter on glue boards for the ones that come in anyway. Put them near openings against walls.
Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I use these (in spite of having four cats - sometimes the felines can't get to the mice). Also bait with peanut butter. My rancher-sister clued me in: http://www.intruderinc.com/mousetrap/mousetrap.html

Many feed and tack stores carry them.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
I took out my Barth for its 'turn around cruise' yesterday, and when I went to dump the tanks, I found the 'slinky' filled with acorns. Squirrels or more likely Chipmunks in this case, probably can do a lot more damage than mice if left alone.
Last week when I went to take my non-turbo Eclipse for its 'turn around cruise' I found its trunk loaded with acorns, and the heater inside/outside air control would not work. Hmmmm wonder why. Any suggestions on this issue?

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/10
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Just a couple of places I've found for mouse entry: (viewed from underneath the motorhome esp breakaways) there is a piece of square metal tubing that has been used to support the front corners. This is often used a a conduit for wires. If mice have access to this tubing they will end up inside your motorhome near the top and will jump down from near the tv set. I plugged these holes and no more problem. In some other models, holes for sewer pipes were made in a shoddy fashion, in my view, leaving a hole large enough that a rat had come in, in one case. Hope these ideas help. Fred

fred weeks

Posts: 13 | Location: unity,sask,canada | Member Since: 03-28-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Dryer sheets inside -yes. We use the strong stuff in the under-coach compartments, on the engine, etc: Mothballs!! They really work, esp on the engine where the airflow limits the dryer sheets. Wyoming is COLD in April and October (ofttimes June and September, also) and the heated engine attracts mice and other critters, including a neighbor's resident non-pet Pine Marten; old-fashioned mothballs prevent this. nb: do NOT scatter them inside!

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post