Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Removing day/night shades
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Removing day/night shades
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
The string in our bedroom day/night shade on the large curb side window of our Regency has broken.
How do you get the dang thing off the clips that hold it to the wall? Do you pry up or down between the clip and the curtain header? Been trying that wih a screw driver and it won't budge.
We had one done by a guy who came to us when we were in Quartzsite 4 or 5 years ago and I don't remember him having any trouble getting that one off after I had already removed the decorative frame that goes all the way around the window, but of course I can't recall what he did to release it.
I've done the same with this one, but I can't get it to unsnap from the 3 little brackets. It doesn't help the thing is about 4 inches up behind the cupboards and the shades want to freefall down to the floor.
Thanks
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Away on vacation. If I were home, would send you instructions I have for restringing and where to get the line.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
On ours, you loosen the screws holding the plastic arms. Ideally, the arms will move a quarter turn as you loosen the screw, allowing the metal part to drop. It that is not the case, rotate the arm manually. After they are all rotated a quarter turn CCW, the metal channel should be easy to rotate away from the wall at the bottom and come out.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
Here is a very good video on restringing pleated curtains.

Click Here

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, this place is invaluable. Finally got the bugger off by prying the clips out from the wall a bit with a thin screw driver then pushing back in while pushing up on the front of the curtain header.
First time that shade has been out in out in 23 years!
Thanks again.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are there any suggestions here for cleaning the blinds? My white blind in the bedroom along with the white wallpaper looks like the gray pavement...

maybe this???

http://dirtyblindman.com/DBM_Cleaning_Kit.htm

where?
http://dirtyblindman.com/Retail_Locations.htm

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
We took ours to a commercial cleaning service and had them cleaned. They were so dirty that they would not guarentee the results, but the got dunked into a chemical vat and then further processed. Came out great.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post