Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    headlight conversion
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

headlight conversion
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted
Has anyone considered getting a headlight conversion on one of the square headlight models. I ran across a site that has done this so serveral rv/s and boy they look sleek. http://www.xtremegraphics.net/headlight.html Part of me loves to retro look of the Barth and another part is loving this conversion. hs anyone done this or know of anyone who has??? Thanks for your time....Loving the Barth.....Gorman

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Try: http://www.xtremegraphics.net/headlight.html

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't like the small headlights becuse it only takes a little bit of crud on the lens to wipe out a lot of illumination.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction bill h, I corrected it sorry about that gorman

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Can someone photoshop it on a Barth?

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Chevalier:
Can someone photoshop it on a Barth?

I tried and got a flashing box that said, "Illegal Operation".

When I clicked on "details", it said, "replacing OEM rectangular headlights with round is forbidden."

I started to put in a set of 200mm rectangular headlights, and it went OK, but I need to do more research to get the right OEM unit to look really good.

However, the stock sizes have the advantage of being able to use European H1 high beam units, which are better than any H4 200mm unit I have compared. A good H1 high beam unit is totally designed for high beam, while any H4 unit is a compromise. In the instances I have compared the considerable advantage of the larger reflector of the 200 mm unit still isn't enough to surpass the no-compromise design of the H1 4 X 6 European units.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine with H1 (high beam PN#003177871 old PN#72116)and H4 (low and highbeam PN#003177862, old PN#72146) Hella units even thou they are not "DOT approved" certainly much better then any thing I tried. I replaced the bulbs with higher output and they are even better. I have used Hella units on many BMW "M" cars that I have had and never had any problem with the "authorities". As long as they are set up correctly, no one will care.

Bill you are right, when I am on high beam with both the H1 and the H4 up, I see the road!!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I would like to convert mine over to HID projectors. Does anyone know the brand of light used in the domed round light conversion from
Xtreme Graphics.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine from Lake Chuck, LA had xtreme convert his Foretravel. They did an awesome job for around 3 grand.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.