Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    tail lights for early 90's breakaway
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

tail lights for early 90's breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/10
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Does anyone know the vehicle(s) that also used those tailights? Often Barth used lights from other vehicles for their motorhomes, and I'm wondering if this was the case here? Thanks Fred

fred weeks

Posts: 13 | Location: unity,sask,canada | Member Since: 03-28-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Fred did you try the search or find for tailights above on top of this page?
Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Fred, are you looking for some taillights? I have some brand new ones that I know will match a '93 Breakaway. I think they are the same for many of the Breakaways but there are better experts on this sight than me since I'm no expert. Anyway make me an offer and their yours.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Fred,

I'm away from the Breakaway so let em get back there, check out the lights to see how many there actually are in the box and then I'll get back to you. In the mean time does anybody know how much these things cost? I want to give Fred a good deal but not tooo good! since he wouldn't sell me his Barth a couple of years ago. How am I ever going to own them all if someone won't sell to me?

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Fred and Doug do they look like this. If they do Doug they are aroud $56 a piece. That's what I paid for mine. They are not available anymore, anywhere.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, I finally struck gold! I have a whole box full but I think it might just be one set. (Darn!)now I know why people are in the parts business. I still have to get up to the resort and check the box to be sure but that is what the taillights look like on mine. I won't be up there util tomorrow but will get back to you then Fred

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Boy, Have been seeing a lot of pictures of my Barth on here the last couple of days. I have had it out of my garage two days since I brought it from Calif.

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Fred I checked the box and sure nuff there is a complete set of tailights for a Breakaway (4 red lenses and 2 clear for the backups). Since according to Dave these are the last ones know to exist I guess I could charge and arm and a leg, however being a fair and just guy how about $50 plus $5 for shipping?. Of course as soon as I ship them someone will put out a taillight on the /breakaway before Kelly (the newest member to the Barth family) comes to pick it up so I will also ask for a covenant that if I ask for them back before the end of July you need to return them for the same price plus shipping. Deal or no Deal?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dave Vanderwall clued me in to a source of will-fit (angled) lenses (which I've lost), and I replaced the set on my Breakaway...they work fine and fit with little cussing.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Doug, if no one has taken you up on those taillites, I'm interested. thanks, bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, maybe Dave should start an auction! I haven't heard back from Fred yet so I'll give him the weekend in case he's out in his Barth. If he doewn't want them you're next in line.

Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
thanks Doug, I'll be waiting on monday...bob

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Bob, I haven't heard back from Fred so either he isn't checking his email or this forum or he wanted a better deal and doesn't know how to tell me. My email address is dvanse@comcast.net If you go to paypal you can send me a payment. provide me with your address and as soon as I get verification of payment they will be in the mail.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
beeoh, I may have located a few red lens. If they are available, I am going to buy them all and will be availabe to those that need. Will know in a few days

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Ed you are great. Listen if anyone finds a tail light that will replace these obsolete KD's I will do all at that needs to be done to facilitate the availability to the membership.

At one time, (when I thought there would be an unlimited supply of lens) I bought 40 red ones and sold them for what I bought them for in two weeks. I have found other similarly sized tail lights but they are recessed. Ours are surface mounted. So to use the others we would have to cut a hole in the skin. Plus I think they were an inch or so shorter.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post