Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Turd Fairy strikes again
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Turd Fairy strikes again
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hope everything goes well.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Duane, if you need a radiator for the 454 we still got the old one from our Barth (found it today in the chicken house). It is good but has a leak at the cap. We got a excellent radiator shop in Cookeville TN that could fix it.
Otherwise the best of luck and a sucessfull repair trip. Get that old nose rolling again. Mechanic

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Duane, if you need a radiator for the 454 we still got the old one from our Barth (found it today in the chicken house). It is good but has a leak at the cap. We got a excellent radiator shop in Cookeville TN that could fix it.
Otherwise the best of luck and a sucessfull repair trip. Get that old nose rolling again. Mechanic

I put an Aluminum radiator in nose last year, works much better than the brass one I replaced, but I did add an auxiliary transmission cooler and electric fans too. Thanks for the offer though.. I do love that Bluebird of yours!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ole Stribbe will not be here until Friday, looks like next week for the repair trip to Indiana!! Nine days shipping seems awful long...

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Check your waterpump too and the thermostat. Our waterpump came apart inside, it had a plastic impeller that broke loose from the shaft. So the impeller was not spinning.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Check your waterpump too and the thermostat. Our waterpump came apart inside, it had a plastic impeller that broke loose from the shaft. So the impeller was not spinning

I did drive Nose about 50 miles after the over heat, it ran 90C no hint of overheat. Ran like hell though, missing and backfiring. It did surprise me that I had to put 6 gallons of coolant in the system when the hose blew. I did not think it held that much. Well if the distributor ever gets here and I get my lazy butt to Indiana, the truth will be told!!!

My kids will be back from London next week so I should have some help if I need it.

Thanks for your thoughts, good to know folks care!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
The new distributor showed up today, Gotta get my lazy butt to Michigan City Indiana next week, hope the Nose is fixable!!!! Wish me luck!!! Compression check, install the Rochester, new plugs, wires and Stribby. Drive it back to Iowa, hope it does not blow another fan belt, will carry spares just incase.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Duane, you talked about possibly scrapping it if you couldn't get it fixed. How do you think M. Thatcher would feel about that?
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenny j:
Duane, you talked about possibly scrapping it if you couldn't get it fixed. How do you think M. Thatcher would feel about that?
Kenny

I do not think M. Thatcher has an opinion, but if my kids run into her I will have them ask her\,\\ Sorry Kids ran off leaving Nose alone in Indiana, poor Nose lol

P30 chassis
350 engine