Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Rear Air Springs
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rear Air Springs
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi guys, our 1976 Barth has a set of Goodyear Super Cushion Air Springs on it that literally shredded .. we are having a hard time finding these to replace .. so thought we would see if you all had any recommendation as far a different manufacture ..or if you know where we can find the Goodyear, we won't have do try and mount a differnt type of bracket .. thanks

------------------
Sherry & David Green

Posts: 4 | Location: Conyers, GA, USA | Member Since: 06-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Firestone makes an air spring that is widely available. Try J.C. Whitney for applications available.

There is also a company named Timbren that makes a non-pneumatic auxiliary rubber spring, considerably less complicated than air springs, and I think, less expensive and easier to install. They increase load capacity and stiffen the ride, but they're non-adjustable.

Type Timbren into the address bar on Explorer, and you'll go right to their website. Application kits for Firestone and Timbren are available for a variety of MH, and truck chassis.

I have Timbrens on the rear of my Sterling motorhome on a "Vironex" chassis which is, basically Mopar on the front, and P-30 on the rear with single tires on the rear. The Timbrens did a great job firming things up back there, but they did stiffen the ride.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Yes they are available, but it is a ROYAL battle to get them. Replaced them on my 78,
34 foot with tag. Finally found someone that would take the time to track them down and they came right from Goodyear.
Can you still read the part number on them?
John

Posts: 46 | Location: Parksville British Columbia | Member Since: 02-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody for the responses ... at least we have a few options now ..we used Timbrens on our truck and they do make for a stiff ride and yes, Big Bear, we do have the part number - 1R9-025 .. according to a GY tire dealer, the part number is still valid but he couldn't order them - no book to cross reference .. mind if I ask what price we would be looking at if we are able to track them down and were they worth the hassle???..

[This message has been edited by rusty2jeff99 (edited June 18, 2003).]

Posts: 4 | Location: Conyers, GA, USA | Member Since: 06-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
You will not have any luck at a tire dealer. I think I tried everyone in southern Alberta. Finally ended up at a small store that deals in heavy truck parts. The big truck part stores in Calgary cound not be bothered.
They were about $100 each (Canadian)
John

Posts: 46 | Location: Parksville British Columbia | Member Since: 02-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All's well that end's well .. thank you all for the help .. we found out that Goodyear sales to AirLift (800-248-0892)which in turns sells to us .. so the Super Cushion Air Shock becomes the Rolling Lobe Sleeve Style Air Shock 1R9-038 ..roughfully $103.00 a piece shipped out of Lansing,MI ..