Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Plumbing
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Plumbing
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bob G
posted
Been messing around with the plumbing on our 92 breakaway. In scoping this all out, I looked in the interior bay with the fwd furnace (under the refrigerator). In there I see two water shutoff valves which I found in the shut off position. Anyone know the purpose for these? I have no diagram of the plumbing and I can and will eventually figure these out, but I'm just basically lazy and thought I'd ask ya'll!
thanks!

Posts: 10 | Location: NW iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob G:
Been messing around with the plumbing on our 92 breakaway. In scoping this all out, I looked in the interior bay with the fwd furnace (under the refrigerator). In there I see two water shutoff valves which I found in the shut off position. Anyone know the purpose for these? I have no diagram of the plumbing and I can and will eventually figure these out, but I'm just basically lazy and thought I'd ask ya'll!
thanks!

My coach has several valves normally closed which are drains for winterizing. If I follow the tubing along the floor I found 90 degree elbows going down through the floor.

Also you may have normally closed bypass valves near the water heater and/or the water pump allowing you to blow out the lines and refill with antifreeze.

Good luck on your quest. I'm still finding stuff I didn't know about in both my coaches.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5158 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I have two shut off valves that are off position also. These valves release the gray and black water from the holding tanks. Part of the waste water systems.

I do not have any shut off valves on the propane system for heating my coach, except for the stove pilot. You may have shutoff valves on your furnace or propane water heater that would shut off the appliance.
The valves may also be for the heat exchanger that heats the fresh water from the engine's coolant system. My valves for this application are under the coach on the frame rail.
If they are gray in color, possibly could be the fresh water plumbing system. Some valves may fill or drain the fresh water tank(s).
You may also have fresh water valves for your refrigerator's ice maker.
The few suggestions above should get your curiosity looking to see where the lines actually connect. Could be wastewater, fresh water, engine coolant, and/or propane shut off valves. hmm

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
in my 92 breakaway, the two closed valves you are referring to are the hot and cold drain lines. you should also have a drain under the couch for the water tank and also one for the toilet.
ken

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post