Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    BELLY BOX LOCKS
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

BELLY BOX LOCKS
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted
The key # is E3-5-15. SOUTHCO does not sell direct. They gave me the name of a supplier, ASSEMBLY FASTNERS,APOPKA, FL. 1 800 488 4777. Spoke to Tom. He has plenty of the keys (which fit lots of different locks). Locks are not refundable or exchangeable. Does anyone know the correct lock # that Mr. Barth used on our fantastic coaches??......................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Try here.

You'll have to reuse the old inside washer and the old outside handle.

I moved this to Tech Talk for better exposure.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There are at least 3 different designs that I know of, 2 of which are definitely Southco. The exterior designs are different, too.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Rusty: Thanks loads

Kevin: Click on Rusty's HERE
Click on "View Quantity Pricing"
500 pcs $18.63
1000 pcs $18.43

You decide........................

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I have found that the nice sharp edges of my new key is quickly smoothing out the old soft edges of my 24 year old locks.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
If your Belly Box locks are a three hole mount with the lock going through a 3/4" hole from the front and held with two 1" screws from the rear.
Good News. The lock was formally numbered E3-66- 715-75. This lock is now sold as E3-35-35. The two screws have been changed to 4MM but are too short. I purchased 1" Stainless screws and washers and the pawl is an easy adjustment. Southco Lock Co is not easy to talk to (E-Mail only) Their distributors are not up to all changes and only knew the old lock was discontinued. New price is $35.00 ea. Two pc. minimum order. And remember when you needed a key they sent you a few at no charge? Well now the keys are $1.00 ea.........................................

1992 Barth Breakaway 32'