Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    HELP NEW OWNERS . FIRST TIME RVers first rv BARTH REGAL 1991
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

HELP NEW OWNERS . FIRST TIME RVers first rv BARTH REGAL 1991
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HELP we are NEW OWNERS . FIRST TIME RVers , first rv , BARTH REGAL 1991

Hello .. yes first time RVers . ( at 78 believe it or not ) . We have looked at RVs for 40 years , never purchased or even rented one . We have worked and are still working part time so we are looking forward to going south ( texas ) next winter and out west next spring . Our kids and grandkids will use it on day trips this summer .

Sorry not a typist.

Anyway we want to thank all the previous owners including Mr Cook ( we purchased it from a flipper ) who kept meticulous care and records of this thing , it is close to perfect . I am pretty handy and will do 98% of the maintenance of this thing from here on out, we plan to not modify it for a year or so , we can learn what it is before we make it worse . ( We do have a complete manual . )

Our first challenge is a fresh water leak ( other than trying to figure out how to turn on this or that ) , we have a fresh water leak under and behind the toilet , out guess is poor winterizing ( we have a pool so we understand winterizing . ) I have not started to take the toilet out and i cannot find a diagram . if anyone has one or knows if this area is accessed from inside or under the RV it would help.

We understand there are Barth get togethers and plan to go to a few when we get rolling , hope to see you there .

We plan to get a sandwich board sign and put it out in campgrounds saying FIRST TIMERS .. ADVICE WELCOME .

We live north of detroit .

help

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Welcome and congratulations Smiler

You will need to find the toilet model for a diagram .
I would probably just dig into it paying close attention to how everything goes together .

Happy Motoring Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
...put your mouse oner thw exploded diagram
on top of this page
and click images to find anything out more detail

and just put a brief query
click the search word
..and read everything that comes up..

.. and let your wife search tooSmiler

...have fun...and explore

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
on top of this page

click the search word

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Finn:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
on top of this page

click the search word

posted Hide Post
hello
jack finnvee

posted Hide Post
HELLO

first time user of any forum please excuse any inappropriateness

i am trying to use the information within this forum ,thanks to all the previous advisers for it .

i am not having much luck finding the information i need . we have a 92 25 foot regal . somehow in transferring between owners and flippers . it must not have been winterized properly .

and i found two leaks , in trying to fix the leaks within the confined spaces i broke off two other lines .not the end of the world .

i have had bigger challenges . the leaks are in the fresHwater system . and the piping is 1992 PEX with clamps . My neighborhood very helpful master , a supervisor now , says this pex design system is subject to problems ..

... what is the experience of others? . Does one just fix what is broken or replace everything with modern day PEX . seems like overkill ..

anyway it looks like we are going to have to do some major dismantling to get to the things that need fixing .

i think one or two fitting are under the freshwater tank and are broken .

i would love to hear over the phone 248.789.3803 or within the forum what others have done

Are there somewhere , a layout of a typical freshwater layout ? or a specific 25 foot regal fresh water layout ?

i am an engineer by schooling and we build our own house 50 years ago so i am not incompetent can fix most anything .. just trying not to make mistakes i can avoid ... i do know how to listen .

trying to use the KISS method

thanks in advance

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
PEX is not inherently bad, but does require a couple special tools and the proper size crimp rings. Others in the group might know if the $uperior $hark Bite fitting$ can be substituted.
on Google I found:
SharkBite is a popular brand name for push-fit or stab-in plumbing fittings. With a bit of effort, the pipe pushes into the SharkBite and is held in place by tiny teeth. Between copper and PEX, SharkBite is the only connector that works either with copper pipe or PEX pipe.

ps
hope you enjoy ROAK BREWING who took over my favorite DARK HORSE BREWING

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post