Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1990 Regency 34-What should I know?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 Regency 34-What should I know?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good luck - just keep in mind no matter how well-kept, and how throughly you examine it, issues will arise.

In any event, be comforted in knowing that a Barth won't fall apart faster than you can fix it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Welcome John. If you end up with your Barth I hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed ours. A 34 footer is a nice length, and the Regency has adequate storage inside and out, for long term living.
We left the cold north in mid December and are thinking about heading home from Arizona in a couple or 3 weeks.
It's been a great winter in our Barth!
Good Luck!
Don and Patty ... still near Anthem Az.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Althepal
posted Hide Post
Good luck John.

Yesterday (3/19) I picked up my "new" 34 Barth I purchased sight unseen 2 months ago on Ebay. These coaches really go down the road nice and tight. There are some things I think we'll update as we move forward, but spending money on an older Barth seems like solid value to me. Even with a modest budget for updates I think the Barth should be lots of fun at a smaller ownership cost than the first 15 minutes in a new style lighter coach.
I made about 900 miles to Houston in 1.5 days, am heading south Padre Island before turning north again to return to Northern Mich. Hope your first trip out goes well!

Alan
1995 34 Regency
300 Cummins 8.3

Posts: 18 | Location: Northern Michigan | Member Since: 01-24-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Papasergia
posted Hide Post
Ok I guess it time for an update. I technically haven't bought the Barth yet but it's as good as done. I completed full service belts hoses oil and they said everything checked out very good I pulled oil samples from the engine trans and diferential and the lab results were very good except that the dif seemed a bit high on the partculates in the oil I'm told this is fairly typicle on rvs because they sit and the top of the gears go dry but they sugested I change the dif oil and resample in 3k, thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated I installed a small flat screen in the bedroom and a big flatscreen up front as well as a surround sound system and new sat dish goes on this week also. I also installed new diesel batteries and have two new 6 volt coach batteries ready to go in tomorrow but I'm debating on if to install a new charging converter inverter system my expert thinks it's a good idea but I don't know too much about it so thouhts on this are ALS welcome. I currently have the eg3200 system are the new ones any better? Oh the cleaning people started today and it is coming out really beautiful. The wood is fantastic and the leather is sift with no issues at all. With a little luck I'll be outta Cali in about one week with my 13 yr son for a trip to visit the highschool that he'll attend next year in Colorado springs co then I'll continue on without him to my next work assignment where I'll be living solo I'm my Barth in cape cod mass for the spring then to upstate ny ( fingerlakes ) for the summer and if all goes well I'll come home to Cali for the winter and Kaylie til spring 2011. Then who knows. Anyways thanks to all I'll be testing the water system tomorrow as well we had a bad check valve on the first test so had to abort but the part is in now so wish me luck if it goes well and I think it will I will finalze the sale this tome tomorrow. Yey me yey Barth!

Posts: 18 | Location: Bakersfield | Member Since: 03-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Good luck John and congratulations on your purchase. Hope you lots of joy on the Barth. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Good Luck!, and something to keep in the back of your mind is that in 1990 everything was made better, and to last longer than it is today.

My opinion on the gears, do what your mech. says and change the oil, do whatever you can to keep those gears you have, they are much better than anything you can find today!

again good luck, have fun, and send pictures!!

Joy

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sounds good John. Send me a few pictures of your purchase and snap one of the tire/weight tag (data tag) for our Data Tag project.

If you do, I can get an image placed below your name like everyone else has.

bill_ny@barthmobile.com

Thumbs Up Good luck!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Papasergia
posted Hide Post
Bought the Barth today ! It's been quite a bitof work to get everything perfect but two weeks after seeing it it is now ready for a trip. All the systems work I have new flat screens and satilit and surround system and in two days my son and I leave Cali for cape cod mass. Wish us luck! It should be lots of fun. Oh I'm spending my first night in her tonight.

Posts: 18 | Location: Bakersfield | Member Since: 03-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Papasergia:
Wish us luck! It should be lots of fun. Oh I'm spending my first night in her tonight.
If envy is a sin... we're all sinners here!!! Have fun and we look forward to bumping into you one day out on the great expanse.

You never know... "The world and its magic. Love it."

Take plenty of pictures and enjoy! Stop by often and keep us updated.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You'll be able to show it off and meet other Barthers at the AUG get-together in Wales (Oak Haven RV Park).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post