Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Timing Gear Case coming off this week!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Timing Gear Case coming off this week!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted
While we are off over the Christmas Holidays I will be pulling the timing gear case to remedy an oil leak where the gear case attaches to the block at the lower motor mount bolts. This has been a thorn in my side for at least a couple of years after I discovered that the two 1/2" cap screws that go through the gear case had backed off, stretched or whatever. I tightened them which helped but it still has a small drip. There is also a small oil leak at the throttle shaft on the injection pump and the throttle lever has stripped out. I found a ReCon 450HP Marine injection pump for way less than I could have mine rebuilt so that will be going in too.
The camshaft has to come out so a good inspection after 180,000 miles is in order.

Gonna be an exciting week!

Happy New Year everyone!

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 374 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Got the Barth to the shop and it's a no-go on the cam removal without butchering the rear bumper trim frame which I choose not to do. When spring comes around, I will drop the engine out of the bottom.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.