Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Any Az or New Mexico Barth Engine repairmen out there?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Any Az or New Mexico Barth Engine repairmen out there?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Our 1987 Barth Regal Chevy 454 is stranded in between Wilcox , Az and Lordous New Mexico on I-10. Rescued Our kids and grands and transporting them back home to Texas. Need engine work done .
Please contact us ASAP. Text 210-383-1205

Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston Tx | Member Since: 08-15-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
If there is any member in this area (between Wilcox , Az and Lordous New Mexico on I-10) that knows where Bev's Barth could be parked till the family could have it shipped back to Texas, please call her.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Seems like it would be cheaper to get it fixed (as they requested) rather than ship to Texas, then get it fixed. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
If indeed you decide to have it shipped, I used uship.com and got a few bids selected the best for my circumstance.

Perhaps you can find a well recommended local shop for the repair as Steve suggested, either way best of luck!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is not the best area to be broke down in. It appears the engine blew a rod and would need replaced. There should be better shops in Houston Texas than in New Mexico. Thanks to all that helped. Barthmobile to the rescue!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Let me guess Kevin. Chinese for "Master Thread Buster"?

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate19:
Let me guess Kevin. Chinese for "Master Thread Buster"?

Piriate, I was laughing so hard I fell out of my chair and wet myself. That is close but Fay Kai Wun say "Junior Thread Buster." The real thread busters are moderators, they post and close a topic so NO ONE can reply.

Bev,

Please take the time to update us on the status of you Barth. I am curious as to how fast the Barth was going at the time of the noise? What did the repairmen say? Please post good or bad of the repair shop you use. We have a posting for repair shops started by Rusty. If you had it shipped, what shipper did you use to ship and how much?
Thank you in advance for sharing!

posted Hide Post
[ i would also like the outcome of your misfortune , as it is one thing i have thought about and did not get an answer to .

at first guess i would think a $2000 tow would be a better choice than " the closest shop " , it would give you time to think . i have always made better decisions two weeks later than .....now .. .

but other people do thing differently than i .

sorry for your trouble

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post