Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Generator slide out motor
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Generator slide out motor
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Our Regency, and some others have the big Kohler diesel generator that slides out of the front of the coach. It has a motorized acme screw attached to a dc motor. The Motor was supplied to Barth by Burr Engineering (http://burractuators.com/pdf/Compac.pdf) and they still make the assembly. If you need to replace one or if you want to add this you can call them, tell them its a Barth and they will ship it the same day.
This is an easy fix or addition to your slide out.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hi Sorry to change subjects like this, but Kevin said you may have what I need to convert my 82 25 foot Glassnose, P30 R12 chassis A/C system to R134a. Thanks

Posts: 2055 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Kevin said you may have what I need to convert my 82 25 foot Glassnose, P30 R12 chassis A/C system to R134a.

I have contacted Tom and Julie. Were you able to get in touch with Tom?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I responded to his PM. As an alternative, since I was unaware he was working on his Glasnose (similar to the one we bought last year) was our decision to completely remove the dash air. A small coach with a gas engine will suffer significantly from the drag on the engine so we just decided to use the generator and the roof air. So far the 15,000 btu ac keeps it at 72 degrees and the coach does not suffer from any extra loads. Be careful however as the Chevy 350 must be modified to add hardened valves to the heads or the new fuels will burn the valves.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I agree with Tom. The additional load on the 454 and the heat load from the AC is a lot for the coach to handle. With my tag axle 33 the 454 is already working hard. I just ran the generator and the roof air, worked fine.

Another big plus: the AC was ARA OEM aftermarket. Another belt, several backets, hoses, condensor in the way. Removing all these items made a BIG improvement in the access to the engine for servicing. Like power steering, you can actualy get to it...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Pretty easy to change to 134A. You will need to change the oil in the compressor. Then you should change the dryer. That's it.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not true! The O rings in the R134 are not compatible with the R134a and must be changed or they will slowly dissolve. You will find them in parts houses in sets of green material. As for the engine load, the '81 Glasnose has a GM truck 350 engine, even more prone to loads than the big 454 in the larger coaches.