Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1982 Euro Wiper parts
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1982 Euro Wiper parts
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello all!

New poster and owner of a 82 Euro. During my maiden voyage I accidentally broke the shaft on the driver side wiper after it got stuck (and my girlfriend thus far wont let me live it down). Does anyone know the manufacturer for the assembly? I believe I only need to replace the shaft, but any website/online shop that has a comprehensive list of parts would be invaluable.

I apologize if this has been asked as I was unable to find it from the search.
Thank you!

Alexander

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 12-29-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site, you have come to the right place! Thumbs Up

Try here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...=792107781#792107781

Here is a photo of the one in my Monarch:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...263953197#9263953197

I'm not sure these are the same as the Euro but Regal and Monarchs are similar.

www.wiperparts.com has a bunch of good stuff too.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I can not help you with the wiper but you will probably need a need a new motor. I am right next door to you in Iowa with my 82 Glassnose, The nose and I have been through a lot together in the two years I have been owned by it, fear not to ask!!!

What part of Illinois are you in, I am straight west of Chicago right on the Mississippi river,,,welcome!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I have a complete set of 2 wiper motors with switches and wiring that I bought for my 81 Euro but never got around to installing before I sold her. I believe I paid $65 including shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I have a complete set of 2 wiper motors with switches and wiring that I bought for my 81 Euro but never got around to installing before I sold her. I believe I paid $65 including shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

Danny If Ataraz does not want them, I would love to buy them from you if want to sell. If Ataraz needs parts I will share them from my existing stuff! Mine work ok, but the stroke is just a bit to long.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off, thank you all for the replies!

Steve - those pictures made it easy for me disconnect the bracket and get the assembly out.

Upon doing so, I figured out why the motor had "seized", the red wire had a gash through it out of sight, so I was getting intermittent connection. Spliced and repaired, and the motor is running. Definitely wish I could take back that bonehead move of twisting it haha.

Danny - thank you for the offer, I would definitely take you up on it had mine been blown, that's a killer price. All Duane's now.

Duane - howdy fellow midwesterner! Snatch those motors up. Me and my girlfriend are actually from Chicago, got sick of the city and are going round the country for the next year adventuring and looking for the next place. Down in the Southeast now enjoying skipping the snow this year.

Now to wait a week for the shaft to arrive, found it on Autotex if anyone else was interested.

Thanks again for the help all, happy new year!

Posts: 2 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 12-29-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Alexander, welcome to the collection of fruits, nuts and vegetables we call Barthmobile.com. I think you will find a fine bunch of folks who just happen to like good, old stuff. Good luck with your personal vintage orphan RV!

Our archives are second to none in the RV world, IMHO. There is much to be found there. Do not hesitate to ask, as you just did, if you don't find what you need. It will often save you time and sometimes money.

Duane, if that works out and you're not in a hurry, we are plannng to see Danny a few times this winter. Could grab it and deliver in spring perhaps at a "mini"snowtan GTG. I'm sure we will be somewhere fairly close. Something to think about, another flimsy excuse to hang with Barth buddies again. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Duane, if that works out and you're not in a hurry, we are plannng to see Danny a few times this winter

Steve that would be great, If you have an address I will send you a check. We have to meet some time in the spring after you get back home. I owe you a trade from a frig to a case of corona!!! Cheap!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. I forgot I still need to get that frig to you. Just another good excuse. Thumbs Up

Speaking of cases, a couple cases of Natural Lites for Danny and we might get a good discount! cheers Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Negotiate with Danny and send me the bill. lol

It sure would be nice to be down there with you guys. We just had a very rainy day, that is going to turn to snow tonight!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine