Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    EXTENDED USEFUL LIFE LIGHT ON DASH
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

EXTENDED USEFUL LIFE LIGHT ON DASH
 Login now/Join our community

posted
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE EXTENDED USEFUL LIFE (EUL) LIGHT ON THE DASH IS FOR. WE WERE ON A TRIP AND THE ENGINE STARTED TO SPIT AND SPUTTER, THEN THE EUL LIGHT STARTED TO FLICKER AND THEN STAYED ON. I LOOKED AT MY DOCUMENTATION AND IT HAS A LIST OF TB NUMBERS. TB-12 IS EXTENDED USEFUL LIFE. I AM ASSUMING THAT THIS IS WHAT THE EUL RED LIGHT ON THE DASH IS. THE BINDER WITH ALL THE BARTH PAPERWORK HAS NO OTHER INFORMATION ON THIS EUL. WE CALLED A REPAIR SHOP WHILE WE WERE SITTING ON THE ROADSIDE AND THEY THOUGHT WE HAD VAPOR LOCK AND THAT THE EUL LIGHT COMING ON WAS JUST A COINCIDENCE. WE SAT FOR 30 MINUTES AND THEN GOT BACK ON THE ROAD. THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING FINE WHILE IDLING BUT AS SOON AS WE STARTED DIVING THE LIGHT WOULD COME ON AND IT WOULD START ACTING LIKE IT WAS GOING TO STOP AND THEN IT BACKFIRED. SINCE WE WERE CLOSE ENOUGH TO BE TOWED BACK HOME WE DECIDED TO CALL FOR HELP. WE WERE CLIMBING SOME STEEP HILLS AND ARE IN NEW MEXICO SO WERE AT 7500 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL.
THANKS

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 04-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1991 BARTH REGAL OSHKOSH CHASSIS 460 FORD

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 04-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Really can't help with the light. But most carborated gassers have problems in high altitudes as you discribe. If you find a good mechanic, sometimes they can tune the mixture to help this problem. Another problem which is sometimes encounter is that the fuel pump at the engine is electric when the fuel pump at the tank is gravity fed. I have heard of some folks that go the these altitudes alot will install an additional electric fuel pump at the tank. Obviously, I am sure you have check both fuel filters. There should be one at the tank and one at the engine. Best of luck. Please let us know how things turn out...

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1305037&a=10653417&p=36455289

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your engine is a 1991 Ford therfore fuel injected per Rich Ford in Albuquerque. Have a Ford Meduim truck dealer hook up their computer to diagnois your problem 505-292-0000.

Ted in Santa Fe

Posts: 8 | Location: Santa Fe,NM | Member Since: 01-22-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your engine is a 1991 Ford therfore fuel injected per Rich Ford in Albuquerque. Have a Ford Meduim truck dealer hook up their computer to diagnois your problem 505-292-0000.

Ted in Santa Fe

Posts: 8 | Location: Santa Fe,NM | Member Since: 01-22-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post