Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    radiator-83 regency- detroit 8.2 on mcc chassis
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

radiator-83 regency- detroit 8.2 on mcc chassis
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
well i've messed up again. powerwashing my radiator to get the gunk out and opened up a flood of antifreeze. found seriously deteriorated fins. rusty and crumbling near the bottom of the unit. i've pulled the rear panel for access and think i can remove it but i don't think it's repairable. NOW WHAT???????? any one know where a new radiator can be found?

thanks,
IRONSIDES

------------------

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Geez Ironsides,

Sorry to hear about that. Try this place. I am sure they can give you some info http://www.radiatorstores.com/index.htm

And of course you can call Motorhome restorations in Lincoln, IL. They are the MCC experts.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have a good rad man check it over. It may be able to be repaired. If not, and the tanks are in decent condition, a good radiator shop should be able to recore it for you. Either of these options are usually more economical than a new radiator.
Good Luck.
Steve

Posts: 23 | Location: clinton, MI, lenawee | Member Since: 01-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave and Steve,
i took my radiator, overflow tank and transmisson cooler to a well recommended repair shop. they rebuilt the whole thing using just my frame and supports. also added an extra core to make 5. rebuilt the overflow (broken welds) and flushed the tranny rad. total bill was about $1160. i've reinstalled it and it seems to be great although i haven't road tested it yet. setting in the drive and running at 1000 rpm's it is showing 180* F. whew! again thanks for the advice and for the site dave.

mike(ironsides) foster

------------------

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I'm glad things worked out, for a price. Such are the trials of RV ownership...

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that you are back on the road.

Posts: 23 | Location: clinton, MI, lenawee | Member Since: 01-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post