Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    cummins starter
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

cummins starter
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Arow out of Canada makes replacement windows for motorhomes. I have contact info if you need it.

Rick

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Loughney:
The second guy came by and checked things out. This was Pete, been workin on these thins for 30 yar now....

He went under and could not get it to fire, thought batteries were weak, but tested fine, asked if there was a disconnect, yep right here.. Funny only got 6 volts on the other side of the disconnect. Came up and looked at the remote disconnect, which I had reset after connecting the batteries.

However..... I noticed when I did that the light was sort of flikering on the engine batteries, but paid no attention.

He reset the button, hit the key and away it went.

So all the power up, power down, clicking and stuff was due to having only half the voltage, enough to light things up, but not enough to make anything happy.

$270 total for a simple finger push...

Happy to be running however.

Now to change some window glass on the side of the coach, seal failed and two windows are really foggy.

Thanks for the help.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I think I got this disconnect thing fixed.... I replaced the solenoid put all the wires back on and it still did not work. Only had 6-8 volts on the starter.... Took it off again.

Then when I was having a guy look at why the tail lights, brake lights and flashers would not work on the drivers side rear (which was a relay) he looked at the intec disconnect for me. Got the wiring diagram.

Turns out a Coach hot wire was on the Engine side of the disconnect. Put that wire back where it should have been and all worked out fine.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post