Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Saddam's mobile medical lab
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Saddam's mobile medical lab
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I just purchased a 91 Barth Regal medical lab and was looking for advice. This 32 foot long medical marvel has 3 Kool-o-matics and 2 a/c units with 2 switchable generators. I don't know why it has 2 generators(as a spare in an emergency?) when either 1 is running and supplying power to the rig the other 1 is disconnected from the electrical sytem.

2 of the 3 Kool-o-matics do not work. The one that does work is very noisy.
Can I (should I) remove these and install a vent fan in the opening or should I try and fix them? Does anyone know how many amps per hour they draw? Where do I get replacement parts? How big is the opening?

I like this website. Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited May 19, 2003).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, welcome to the website. Here is the website for Kool o matic http://www.kool-o-matic.com/

Everytime I talked to them I found them totally uncooperative. They just do not have the customer service attitude that we have learned to expect in the RV industry. You can install a Fantastic Fan for almost what they want for the top shroud.

But then I might have just caught someone on a bad day, (three times in a row).

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This rig did not come with a screen door. Is there a way to convert the side single door to include a screened door?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I pulled apart my Kool-O-Matics and found 2 of them with broken rubber isolator mounting bolts this caused the motor to jam against the case. The loud 1 is a worn out motor.

I called The Camper Barn in Kingston NY to get the replacement parts to repair them. 3 calls and being put on hold for 10-15 minutes each time told me that they were hoping I would just hang up. I was told that Kool-O-Matics were no longer available. 1 guy even said that because Barths were no longer being made he couldn't get any parts.

I insisted that they were he finally made some calls and then said he could get them. I told him I would call back.

I called Kool-O-Matic and the lady I talked to was great. She is selling me isolators for less then 3 bucks apiece. The fan is a little pricey at around $78.00. It looks like a standard International cab over under seat blower motor but I will check.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/