Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    350 chevrolet
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

350 chevrolet
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Good morning was wondering if someone knows the best way to access the front of my 1976 barth to replace the water pump? Appears that removing the front tires may be my only option to gain access. The whole front is pop riveted together in front of the radiator. Any advise would be helpful.

Posts: 6 | Location: Port Angeles Wa | Member Since: 03-25-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Take out the radiator, probably a bolt on either side of the bottom and/or possibly only two one either side of the top holding brackets to index it in the bottom and side to side and front to back. Once it is out there is usually enough room to remove hoses and unbolt the pump. Given the fun you will have replace all hoses and belts. I haven't done this on a Barth but have on several cars and trucks, biggest difference is change of contortionist position, and not falling off the 5 gallon bucket doing cars and trucks. Good luck

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post