Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Cracked Dash Corners
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cracked Dash Corners
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
Does anyone else have this problem? I have three corners like this. How do you fix it?

Fred

1990 32' Regency, Cummins

Image edited for size and moved to the Barth Photobucket (where images should be) by Rusty deadhorse

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Yep! I took them apart and had a laser cutting shop make them in aluminum plate and then had them powder coated black. Also replaced the wood strips that the screws attach to as several were stripped out. PITA!! But it is now a permanent fix.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom!
Where did you get the laser work done? And.... was it very expensive?

Fred

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Please resize your pix, and use the Barth Photobucket. I'll fix these when I get home (limited 'net capacity here).

If you don't know how to resize, send to Bill N Y or me and we'll handle.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Jax check out a post by Richard Muise. He added a wood type strip all the way around to make it look good and not to have to replace the whole panel.

Just another option if you want to try that option.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Dana
I did a search on Richard Muise. I found some topics, but nothing reference dash panels. I had thought about doing the same thing. Would be nice to see how someone else did their's. Thanks.

Fred Cook

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I took the old pane to LaserMasters in Houston and they made it for about (I really am guessing) $40. It does not have the lettering as mine has no switches on the main panel, but that can be done and then you just put white paint in the letters. The powder coating was an add on to a larger order we had for the business, but if it had been the only piece the minimum price for coating here is $75.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I stained some iron on oak veneer and used a heat gun to attach it to the dash. People tell me it looks great.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to Richards redo of dash!

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/7553933177

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dana! I am really impressed with Richard's work. I plan to follow his lead and do something simular.

Fred & Cindy Cook

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If the pieces are still available, the dash is styrene, which means simple modelers' solvent cement will work if you choose to repair. I make my own from 50-50 MEK and acetone.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Looking at pro's and con's of doing similar to Richard M or like Tom K. It's obvious that using aluminum would be much durable... but how would the bulbs behind the dash work... I am guessing that you probably would not be able to see the lettering (panel lables) at night when using aluminum.

Fred & Cindy

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri