Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    dead cell in battery
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

dead cell in battery
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
Just when I thought I was all ready for the Florida GTG, I now have a dead cell in the engine battery. OH YES! the warranty is out- I bought it May 2006 and the warranty ended May 2009.
Anyway to get to the question-- my battery is an Interstate 8D 1400 cca. Sams Club has an Energizer 8D 1400 cca for $50 less then the Interstate. Any thoughts on the Energizer?

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
They are both made by Johnson Controls.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Remember that Wall Mart[Sams] now requires the original receipt for warrenty transactions. They say too many people were turnung in cash-for-clunker batteries. I'd save the 50 bucks and go to Wall Mart.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Looks like I will be heading over to Sams and buy a new battery today. I don't know if the auto section is open today but will be giving it a try.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
You might also call a few Autozones. Their batteries were also Johnson Controls, as well. At least, the last time I shopped. They offered a better warranty. Either a longer warranty or a longer direct exchange period or both.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Remember that Wall Mart[Sams] now requires the original receipt for warrenty transactions. They say too many people were turnung in cash-for-clunker batteries.

My experience has been that they would honor a warranty only with a receipt or if the purchase was in the computer. However, the computer only went back three years, I think. If no receipt or not in the computer, no warranty. No Tickee No Washee.

I was recently denied warranty because Sam's couldn't find the purchase in their computer. Fortunately, the receipt surfaced and if I don't lose it again, I will do the warranty thing.

My conspiracy-theory guy says the cutoff of computer data storage is nothing more than a nefarious Bilderburg (or something) plot to weasel out of warranty responsibility.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Turbodoc
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with my chassis battery, replaced it with an optima red top.

Larry A. Barry DDS
2006 Tiffin Zephyr
NV5I

Posts: 59 | Location: Amarillo, Texas | Member Since: 02-20-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post